Our residence halls are wonderful examples of Gothic charm on the outside, but quite contemporary on the inside. Students have an enormous range of options, each unique in design and layout, from the Spann Place Townhouses to our West Village apartments. Most residences house fewer than 100 students, and each has its own special features.
While we require on-campus housing for the first three years, a large majority of students remain for the convenience, security, and social advantages of community living. The majority of Rhodes students live on campus, and they enjoy laundry, parking, and Wi-Fi at no additional cost. And since students’ key fobs provide access to all residences, they are free to enjoy the common areas in any hall, including study rooms, kitchens, lounges, social rooms with pool tables, and TVs.
Incoming first-year students receive their housing assignments in late July.
All residence halls are open. RAs will be available from 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. if you need assistance, as is Campus Safety at 901-843-3880.
Winter Break Closing
- Residence Halls close on Thursday, December 12, 2019, at 10 a.m. for all residents.
- Only residents approved to stay will be able to remain in their rooms if they live in East Village A, Trezevant, Voorhies, Voorhies-Townsend, or Townsend during the winter break.
- Approved residents must receive an email from the Director of Residence Life to stay over Winter Break. Those not staying due to college-related reasons will be charged $400 if approved.
Residence halls will reopen on Saturday, January 11, 2020, at 8 a.m.
Spring 2020 Move-In Date
- Residence halls open on Saturday, January 11, 2020 @ 8am.
- Students will pick up their keys at Campus Safety.
- Students who have applied and have been assigned for spring housing have been emailed
Do not hesitate to email Aretha Milligan if you have additional questions.