From high graduate school and job placement rates to our accolades and awards, our student success looks great in the rankings—but some achievements are immeasurable. Our comprehensive liberal arts experience will help you foster your curiosity and creativity and become invested in your lifelong learning. Our students continue to excel well beyond graduation, using their interests and strengths to better themselves and the world around them.
Measuring Undergraduate Student Achievement
Our 90+ major options and interdisciplinary programs continue to define the standard for academic excellence, attracting students who are inspired to keep aiming higher. We take pride in their accomplishments, including our impressive:
- Academic profile of our incoming class
- Graduation rate
- Senior exit survey detailing recent graduates' future plans
- Survey data from our alumni about employment/graduate school attendance
- Acceptance rates into post-baccalaureate degree programs
Undergraduate Student Achievements
Our incoming students arrive poised for success with the following average academic profile over the past five years:
- 49% graduated in the top 10% of their high school graduating class
- 93% had a grade point average equal to or above 3.5.
Proven Academic Success
Our ongoing support ensures their continued accomplishments, contributing to these significant achievements:
- 97 percent of 2022 graduates are employed, engaged with continuing education, or volunteering full time.
- Of those members of the classes of 2022 applying to graduate/professional schools, 87 percent reported that they were accepted by their first-choice school.
- The overall acceptance rates for different programs (M.D., M.B.A., J.D. and others) far exceed the national average. One hundred percent of our students that seek pre-law advising support get admitted to law school. Eighty-six percent of qualified Rhodes graduates are accepted into medical schools.
- 82 percent average graduation rate over the past five years
- 87 percent of members of the class of 2022 were accepted into their first-choice graduate/professional schools
- Overall acceptance rates for graduate/professional programs (MD, MBA, JD, and more) far exceed the national average.
Measuring Graduate Student Success
Rhodes offers two experiential graduate degree programs—the Master of Science in Accounting and the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Equity. Our students have achieved high pass rates on the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam compared to the national average, and both programs boast excellent job outcomes.
Our Master of Science in Accounting program boasts a 100 percent job placement rate, with 75 percent joining Big Four firms (Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG, and PricewaterhouseCoopers) or other national firms, and the rest joining highly regarded regional and local accounting firms or corporations.
Pre-Health Programs Acceptance Rates
Over the past five years, 318 Rhodes graduates were accepted into the post-graduate health programs listed above, with an overall acceptance rate of approximately 81.5%.
Since 2002, Rhodes students have been awarded:
- 54 Fulbright Scholarships
- 21 Goldwater Scholarships
- 15 Watson Fellowships
- 6 NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships
- 6 Emerson National Hunger Fellowships
- 5 Truman Scholarships
- 2 Luce Scholarships
- 7 National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships
- 4 Boren Scholarships
- 2 Rhodes Scholarships (Oxford)
A Sampling of Graduate/Professional Schools that Rhodes Students Have Been Accepted Into
A Sampling of Companies and Organizations that Have Hired Rhodes Graduates