Rhodes Merit Scholarships
Merit awards serve to recognize individual students for their academic talent, service and/or leadership achievements. These highly competitive awards are determined on an individual basis and celebrate the strength and achievements of each admitted student, in and out of the classroom.
Rhodes College features a priority deadline of December 1 for the following merit-based scholarships. Regardless of application plan (Early Decision I, Early Decision II, Early Action, Regular Decision), applications received by the Office of Admission on or prior to December 1 will be considered for these merit awards.*
The following is a list of our merit-based scholarships (effective for 2023-24 incoming students only):
- Cambridge Scholarship: $40,000 per year
- Presidential Scholarship: $33,000 per year
- Founders Scholarship: $35,000 per year
- Ralph C. Hon Scholarship: $31,000 per year
- Diehl Scholarship: $28,000 per year
Institutional scholarships and grants may be used to pay Rhodes tuition, fees, room and board only (direct cost), unless otherwise specified, and are awarded on a full-academic year (two semesters), fall and spring semesters only. Please note, Rhodes scholarships may have to be reduced if you receive awards from outside sources that, in combination, exceed direct costs.
* For this application cycle, applications received after December 1 may still be considered for other merit awards as well as a limited number of the scholarships listed above.