Rhodes Merit Scholarships
Merit awards serve to recognize individual students for their academic talent, service or leadership achievements. These highly competitive awards are determined on an individual basis and celebrate the strength and achievements of each admitted student, in and out of the classroom.
Priority consideration is given to students who submit their application for admission in accordance with stated deadlines. Following is a list of our merit-based scholarships (effective for 2020-21 incoming students only):
- Bellingrath Scholarship: Full tuition, awarded to one entering freshman each year and is Rhodes′ most prestigious academic scholarship
- Morse Scholarship: $38,500 per year
- Cambridge Scholarship: $33,500 per year
- Presidential Scholarship: $31,000 per year
- Dean’s Scholarship: $31,000 per year for students of color
- Ralph C. Hon Scholarship: $29,000 per year
- Diehl Scholarship: $26,000 per year
Institutional scholarships and grants may be used to pay Rhodes tuition, fees, room and board only (direct cost), unless otherwise specified, and are awarded on a full-academic year (two semesters), fall and spring semesters only. Please note, Rhodes scholarships may have to be reduced if you receive awards from outside sources that in combination exceed direct costs.