Need-based Rhodes Grants
Rhodes awards institutional grants based on your family′s income, assets, and circumstances. To be considered for institutional grants you will need to submit one of two additional forms to be considered, the CSS PROFILE or Rhodes Financial Aid Supplemental Form.
When you request that Rhodes receive a copy of the results from your FAFSA and complete the CSS PROFILE or the Financial Aid Supplement, you’ll be considered for any institutional grant for which you may qualify. Even if you’ve received a scholarship or a fellowship from Rhodes or an outside source, you may qualify for additional aid if your demonstrated need is greater than the amount of the scholarship you received.
Once your applications are received by the specified application deadlines, the Office of Financial Aid will review your eligibility for additional awards based on the information provided on these two forms.
- Federal Pell Grants are based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as calculated by your FAFSA, which must be $6,206 or below to qualify. Grants range from $692–$6,895. Renewal of this grant is based on the results of the FAFSA each year.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) are awarded to students with exceptional financial aid who meet the qualifications for the Pell Grant. SEOG awards are $1,500. Renewal of this grant is based on the results of the FAFSA each year.
- Tennessee State Grants, known as the Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA), are available to Tennessee residents by requesting that the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation receive a copy of your results from the FAFSA. Because of the number of students applying, submit your FAFSA information by January 31 to have a chance for this award. Grant amounts can be up to $4,000 per year depending on your EFC. Eligibility for any TSAA grant requires an EFC resulting from the FAFSA between $0 and $5,846.
- Rhodes College Grants are funded through the college and vary in amount. This grant is renewed each year up to three times for a total of four years of funding. The FAFSA and CSS PROFILE or Financial Supplemental Form are required.
- Ministerial grants are available to children of Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) ministers. Note your eligibility in the appropriate place on your application for admission. Grants are for $1,000.