We support promising young physicists.
Through the Taylor Scholarship in Physics, we provide talented high school physics students the means to continue their investigations at the college level. At least one scholarship will be awarded to a first-year student each year, and is renewed annually for three years if renewal requirements are satisfied.
As a Taylor Scholar, you will:
- Receive up to $18,500 per year in addition to any other Rhodes scholarship or grant
- Provide five hours per week of service to the Department of Physics
- Make satisfactory progress toward a major or minor in physics as determined by the Department of Physics
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
What is the application process for the Taylor Scholarship in Physics?
- Submit an application for admission to Rhodes by January 15
- Complete the Application for the Jack H. Taylor Scholarship in Physics online by December 1 if you applied Early Action or January 25 if you applied Regular Decision.
- Arrange to have a letter of reference from a teacher or project supervisor sent to Dr. David Rupke at email@example.com by December 1 for Early Action candidates or January 25 for Regular Decision candidates.