The CSS Profile
The College Scholarship Service Profile, commonly referred to as the CSS Profile, is an application that must be completed by all students who are applying for admission prior to January 1st and who wish to be considered for institutional grants and receive an estimate on federal and state eligibility at the time of admission. Apply online at https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/.
Financial aid that is awarded based on a student’s academic, leadership or artistic merit (or some other criteria) and does not depend on financial need is called merit-based aid. Consideration for this type of aid may look at a student’s high school record, test scores (if submitted), special talents or extracurricular activities to determine eligibility. Rhodes’ merit-based aid is awarded in renewable scholarships and fellowships.
- Scholarships ranging from $12,000 to $40,000 per year are awarded to students based on their record of achievement.
- Fellowships ranging up to $15,000 per year are offered to students who demonstrate talents or abilities in a specific area.
Financial aid that is awarded based on a student’s financial circumstance is called need-based aid. Students needing assistance in financing their educational costs are encouraged to apply for need-based aid by completing the CSS Profile and/or the FAFSA. Students who demonstrate financial need may be eligible for any or all of these financial aid sources:
- Grants are gifts from federal, state and institutional sources that are applied toward college costs. They do not require repayment.
- Student employment is offered through a federal program that provides paid positions on campus and at approved off-campus agencies.
- Low-interest loans are available to both student and parent borrowers.
- Other scholarship opportunities, including tuition exchange programs, are available
Financial Aid Applications