Rhodes and Memphis
Life in Memphis
- The Beale Street Historic District, the Cooper-Young Entertainment District, and the South Main Arts District are all just minutes from campus.
- Hailed as the birthplace of both the blues and rock-and-roll, Memphis music is as diverse as our city. World-class entertainers play at clubs and concert venues year-round.
- Restaurants are almost as legendary as the Memphis music scene. Our students all have their favorites, for everything from downhome barbecue and burgers to fine dining and ethnic specialties.
- The city also boasts one of the top urban park systems in the US, covering 7,000 acres, and one of them, Overton Park, is right next to our Midtown campus (as is the famous Memphis Zoo).
- Memphis hosts year-round sports action, with the NBA Grizzlies, the Mississippi River Kings (ice hockey), the Memphis 901FC (professional soccer), and the Memphis Redbirds, the AAA affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.
Want more recommendations? Contact your admission counselor. We’d be happy to serve as your tour guides!