As a homeschooled student, your high school education is unique to you. You will use the same application process as other students, with a few additional steps, to help us better understand your particular educational approach and experience.
How to Apply
Rhodes requires that homeschool applicants submit the following:
- Common Application
- Description of the philosophy of your homeschooling (emailed to your admission counselor)
- Academic transcript
- Teacher Evaluation that is not from a family member
- SAT or ACT scores (Optional)
- Two SAT II Subject Tests (other than English or Math) (Optional)
- Optional: Submit your 90-Second Elevator Pitch to help admission counselors learn more about you. Record it here and it will come directly to Rhodes!
Interviews and Visits
Interviews are strongly encouraged for all applicants but not required. An interview helps us get to know you better and learn more about your academic preparation and experiences outside of your education. More importantly, when you combine a visit with an interview, you’ll get to learn if Rhodes is the place where you want to spend the next four years. Visiting classes, talking with professors, and engaging with current students are the best ways to get a feel for Rhodes. All of these options are available to you virtually!