Why you should choose Rhodes
- Rhodes College is located in Memphis, which is a major healthcare hub. Our college is partnered with major medical providers like Baptist Memorial Health Care, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Methodist University Hospital, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The number of opportunities our students have to get involved in the healthcare field during their undergraduate years is second to none.
- When you couple that experience with the education students get at Rhodes College: the close personal contact, the interaction with professors, and the personalized advising, it puts Rhodes in a special position to help students succeed.
- Graduates of Rhodes have attended top medical schools, including Baylor University, Brown University, Duke University, Emory University, Georgetown University, Harvard University, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt University, Washington University and Yale University.
Why you should utilize HPA
- Getting into professional school is competitive, so students need to stand out. The best way to do that is by building on students’ passions, strengths, and values.
- By providing personal attention, HPA assists students in developing an individualized plan that will evolve and change throughout their time at Rhodes.
- The HPA team focuses not only on the end goal, but also on why students have chosen their path. We want to help guide you as a person and as a professional.
What Memphis can offer you
- Living in Memphis gives our students many additional opportunities that students attending liberal arts colleges outside of major metropolitan areas miss out on.
- Our students develop an orientation to health equity, an understanding of the healthcare landscape, and what they can do to make a difference.
- Rhodes students develop a holistic view of healthcare, an understanding of public and community health, and the social determinants of health.
- We have many community partners that our students are involved with, allowing them to become deeply invested in the community even beyond direct healthcare delivery.