Parent engagement is vital to the success of Rhodes College. We invite you to serve the college by joining us on the 2019-2020 Parent Council, which is a group of parent leaders who fundraise on behalf of the college.
Specifically, we help the college by:
- Making leadership gifts of $2,500 or more to the Rhodes Annual Fund and encouraging other parents to also give at the leadership level by reaching out through phone and email to solicit support
- Providing valuable feedback to Rhodes administration
- Serving as liaisons between other parents and the college faculty and staff
In addition to this important work, we also help the college by:
- Recruiting new students and their families by hosting Admission recruitment events, making phone calls to newly-accepted students, and answering prospective families’ questions
- Participating in career networking events, providing internships, and mentoring current students and alumni
Parent Council meetings are held once per semester and feature talks by President Marjorie Hass, faculty, and sometimes even current students!
For more information about this important group, we encourage you to contact Jessi Denby Wilson ’08 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to serve on this council, please complete the form below.