Our liberal arts curriculum sets Rhodes graduates apart when applying to professional schools. Alongside prerequisites, any major can lead to preparation for medical schools and most other health profession programs. Health professions is a large and committed community at Rhodes College. We provide you with countless opportunities for personal and professional growth both in and out of the classroom, including making strong connections with others that have similar goals to yours.
We view our students as advisees the minute they decide Rhodes is the school for them. Please reach out with any questions you have.
Rhodes has long-standing relationships with some of the nation's top colleges to ensure acceptance for qualified students to health profession programs prior to graduation. These are the professional schools Rhodes College have admission agreements:
- George Washington University
- UTHSC College of Nursing
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- LECOM School of Dental Medicine
- Meharry Medical College
- Rhodes College is located in Memphis, which is a major healthcare hub. Our college is partnered with major medical providers like Baptist Memorial Health Care, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Methodist University Hospital, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The number of opportunities our students have to get involved in the healthcare field during their undergraduate years is second to none.
- When you couple that experience with the education students get at Rhodes College: the close personal contact, the interaction with professors, and the personalized advising, it puts Rhodes in a special position to help students succeed.
- Graduates of Rhodes have attended top medical schools, including Baylor University, Brown University, Duke University, Emory University, Georgetown University, Harvard University, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt University, Washington University and Yale University.
- Getting into professional school is competitive, so students need to stand out. The best way to do that is by building on students’ passions, strengths, and values.
- By providing personal attention, HPA assists students in developing an individualized plan that will evolve and change throughout their time at Rhodes.
- The HPA team focuses not only on the end goal, but also on why students have chosen their path. We want to help guide you as a person and as a professional.
- Living in Memphis gives our students many additional opportunities that students attending liberal arts colleges outside of major metropolitan areas miss out on.
- Our students develop an orientation to health equity, an understanding of the healthcare landscape, and what they can do to make a difference.
- Rhodes students develop a holistic view of healthcare, an understanding of public and community health, and the social determinants of health.
- We have many community partners that our students are involved with, allowing them to become deeply invested in the community even beyond direct healthcare delivery.