2023 Summer Housing
Summer Housing Eligibility
Current Rhodes students who are enrolled and registered full-time for fall 2023 at Rhodes AND are engaging in one of the following summer experiential learning opportunities:
- faculty-sponsored research on campus or in Memphis
- an internship on campus or in Memphis
- enrolled and registered for Rhodes summer term classes
- employed at Rhodes for the summer
- are not engaging in a summer opportunity but have received approval from the Dean of Students
Non-Rhodes students participating in faculty-sponsored research are also eligible to live in summer housing. If you have specific questions about different circumstances, please reach out to Aretha Milligan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Housing Location and Fees
Students will be housed in Parkway Hall and East Village A. Students will be charged $170 per week (double occupancy rooms) or $205 per week (single occupancy rooms). For charging purposes, a week is considered Sunday through Saturday. Housing costs will not be pro-rated based on students’ move-in date. If a student resides in summer campus housing earlier or later than their program offers payment, the student will be charged the difference to their student account.
- All housing charges for the summer will be posted on student accounts by June 1, 2023. These bills must be paid before Fall 2023 Enrollment Clearance. When a student checks out of the residence hall room, all belongings must be removed, and the key returned to the Residence Life Office. Students will be charged for items left in the room. Any items left behind will be discarded.
- Summer meal plans can be purchased in blocks of 10 or 25 through Rhodes Express at email@example.com. The prices are 10 meals for $78 and 25 meals for $172.
Submitting Summer Housing Application:
Log into the housing application form using your Rhodes student username and password. Students will select the option to apply for 2023 Summer Housing. Only completed applications will be considered.
Complete the Visiting Student Summer Housing Application and sign the contract.
In the hopes of having the student’s application considered, submit it by Thursday, April 13, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Applications submitted after this date will be considered based on space availability. The submission of an application does not guarantee approval for summer housing. All students working with departments/offices, will still need to submit their housing application. Supervisors may include additional support by sending student names to the Residence Life office via email for individuals conducting research or working on campus.
If students have questions about summer housing (i.e., applying, payment, move-out/move-in, etc.), please attend one of the summer housing info sessions:
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. Click here to attend.
- Thursday, March 30, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. Click here to attend.
Students will be notified about their application status during the week of Monday, April 17, 2023. For those approved for summer housing, assignments will be communicated the week of Monday, April 24, 2023. Because of the short timeframe, the Residence Life Office determines summer assignments. Summer housing will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Considerations such as spring and fall 2023 housing assignments will also be considered. Students will be placed with suitemates in double occupancy spaces. The Residence Life Office will identify students with another roommate(s). Rooms will be filled before additional rooms are “opened.” Roommates may change throughout the summer. Students are responsible for reading all summer housing terms and conditions information before electronically signing and submitting the application. Students in summer housing must follow all policies outlined in the 2023 Summer Housing contract.
Moving Into Summer Housing
Students who are approved to transition from spring housing to summer housing will remain in their spring placement until they move to their summer placement. Students waiting to transition from spring housing to summer housing will remain in their spring housing assignments until their summer assignments are ready.
- Students who will transition to summer housing will be charged $100.00 per week for:
- Sunday, May 7, 2023 - Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Sunday, May 14, 2023 - Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Moves will begin Friday, May 19, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. and finish by Sunday, May 21, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Given the number of seniors and the time needed to clean the buildings, these dates are not flexible. Students who do not currently reside on campus will not be able to move into summer housing earlier than Friday, May 19, 2023, at 4:30 p.m.
Moving Out of Summer Housing/Transitioning into Fall 2023 Housing Placement
Move-out is scheduled for Friday, July 28, 2023, by 5:00 p.m. Residents approved to transition from summer housing into fall housing will start on Friday, July 28, 2023, and must be moved entirely by Sunday, July 30, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Parkway Hall or East Village A. Residents moving into Parkway Hall or East Village A fall assignments will move Friday, August 4, 2023. Due to the cleaning schedule and early arrivals, Residence Life and Physical Plant cannot be flexible about dates. Students who transition from summer to fall placements will be charged a $100.00 fee per week for:
- Sunday, July 30 - Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Sunday, August 6 - Saturday, August 11, 2023
- Sunday, August 34 - Saturday, August 19, 2023.
According to the college′s storage policy, residents are prohibited from storing their belongings on campus without being in residence. If students keep a piece of furniture in their apartment/rooms for another student over the summer, students are responsible for moving it at the end of the summer. If the item(s) is not removed by the student’s move-out date, it will be removed, and the student will be charged.
Submitting Summer Housing Application
Log into the website using your Rhodes username and password. You will select the option to apply for the application entitled 2023 Summer Housing. Only completed applications will be considered.
Please direct any questions about summer housing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (901) 843-3241.