Every student attending Rhodes College must submit the required medical information forms and provide proof of comparable health insurance (with coverage in the Memphis, TN, area) before being permitted to enroll in classes. Rhodes College offers a student health insurance plan to ensure that all students have access to comprehensive health insurance in Memphis while attending the college. Additional information is available at United Healthcare - Rhodes College.
Students planning to participate in varsity athletics (baseball, basketball, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track, volleyball) require additional forms. Athletic forms should be submitted by July 15. See below for more information.
Rhodes College uses a Health Information System that shares relevant information between the Student Health Center and the Athletic Training Office to ensure quality medical care. Health Forms MUST be uploaded via Medicat Patient Portal. Submitting HEALTH forms by email, fax, or mail is not allowed.
In order to upload your health forms, please follow the directions below. Every incoming student must submit their forms by the deadline of June 30.
- Go to https://patient-rhodes.medicatconnect.com/ and select the “Click here to log in with Rhodes Single Sign-On” link.
- Sign into the system using your rhodes.edu credentials, including using the OneLogin multi-factor authentication process. (Note that only students can sign into this system, as they are only ones set up as patients in Medicat).
- Click on the link for “Uploads” on the main page to go to the form upload area.
- The 3 required documents are listed there. You can download them from there.
- You will select the document you are submitting from the “Choose document you are uploading” pop-up menu.
- Click on the “Select File” button that appears and find the file and submit it.
- After a successful upload, the file will appear in the “Documents already on file” part of the page. Note that you can elect to replace a file already uploaded, which will be useful if the first document version wasn’t really complete.
If you have any questions or concerns about the state of TN immunization requirements please click here.
IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ANY VARSITY SPORTS AT RHODES, YOU CAN STOP READING NOW AND DISREGARD THE REST OF THIS DOCUMENT.
Every varsity athlete must complete the following by July 15th:
- Register an Account for PRIVIT(Athletics On-Line Incoming Forms): https://rhodeslynx.e-ppe.com Once an Account is created, please complete the following tasks:
- SA Medical History
- Athlete Status
- Personal Details
- Joined Teams
- Insurance Card – Front and Back
- EKG: Available at Open Rhodes for $25.00 (This will be charged to Student Account).
- It is strongly suggested to have an EKG performed on site. To schedule an EKG during Open Rhodes, please make an appointment at the following site: https://michaelsheridanappointments.as.me/schedule.php
- If you prefer, you may submit an EKG from your personal physician. Please provide the original 12 lead EKG tracing printout. Email to email@example.com or fax to 901-257-0550 by July 15th. Students who have not submitted EKG by deadline will have EKG at physicals.
- Sickle Cell Confirmation—All Rhodes College athletes must have documentation of sickle cell trait before the student athlete can practice, lift, or perform any team activities, by one of the following options:
- Documentation by state of birth (information about how to contact state authorities).
- Sickle Cell solubility blood tests will be available at Open Rhodes. To schedule a Sickle Cell Test, please make an appointment by calling the Health Center at 901-843-3895 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you prefer, you may submit lab work from your personal physician. Please provide the lab results via email email@example.com or fax to 901-257-0550. Students who have not submitted results by July 15th will be tested at physicals.
- Review Rhodes College Claim Procedure. Before classes begin, contact your primary insurance to be sure your student-athlete is covered for athletic injuries sustained outside of your normal coverage area. If you purchase the Rhodes College student plan, a supplemental plan will be needed for athletic injuries. Please email Andrew Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further details.
- Medical Exception paperwork (banned substances) if applies: NCAA Banned Substances
1. Exceptions may be granted for substances in the following classes of banned drugs: stimulants (ADD/ADHD meds), beta blockers, beta-2 agonists (albuterol inhalers), diuretics, anti-estrogens, anabolic agents (steroids), and peptide hormones.
2. If you do take a banned substance, the proper paperwork may be found here. Please download the forms and take them to your physician visit. Finished forms can be faxed to 901-257-0550 and will be submitted to NCAA for exemption. Student-athletes are responsible for ensuring the paperwork is completed and returned to Rhodes Sports Medicine.
If the proper documentation for a medical exception is not on file and the student-athlete fails a drug test, the athletic training staff will not be able to appeal for a medical exception. The resulting penalty for the student-athlete may include a suspension of 365 days from the date of the positive drug test. If proper documentation is on file, we will be able to submit the medical exception to the NCAA without any penalties. If you have any questions regarding medical exceptions, please contact us at email@example.com.