Every student attending Rhodes College must submit the required medical information forms and provide proof of comparable health insurance (with coverage in the Memphis, TN, area) before being permitted to enroll in classes. Rhodes College offers a student health insurance plan to ensure that all students have access to comprehensive health insurance in Memphis while attending the college. Additional information is available at First Student – Rhodes College.
Students planning to participate in varsity athletics (baseball, basketball, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track, volleyball) require additional forms. Athletic forms should be submitted by July 15. See below for more information.
Rhodes College uses a Health Information System that shares relevant information between the Student Health Center and the Athletic Training Office to ensure quality medical care. Health Forms MUST be uploaded via Medicat Patient Portal. Submitting HEALTH forms by email, fax, or mail is not allowed.
In order to upload your health forms, please follow the directions below. Every incoming student must submit their forms by the deadline of August 1.
- Go to https://patient-rhodes.medicatconnect.com/ and select the “Click here to log in with Rhodes Single Sign-On” link.
- Sign into the system using your rhodes.edu credentials, including using the OneLogin multi-factor authentication process. (Note that only students can sign into this system, as they are only ones set up as patients in Medicat).
- Click on the link for “Uploads” on the main page to go to the form upload area.
- The 3 required documents are listed there. You can download them from there.
- You will select the document you are submitting from the “Choose document you are uploading” pop-up menu.
- Click on the “Select File” button that appears and find the file and submit it.
- After a successful upload, the file will appear in the “Documents already on file” part of the page. Note that you can elect to replace a file already uploaded, which will be useful if the first document version wasn’t really complete.
If you have any questions or concerns about the state of TN immunization requirements please click here.
IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ANY VARSITY SPORTS AT RHODES, YOU CAN STOP READING NOW AND DISREGARD THE REST OF THIS DOCUMENT.
Every varsity athlete must complete the following by July 15th:
- Login to SportsWare OnLine—fill out General, Address, Emergency, Insurance and Medical Tabs.
- Your account has already been created and partially filled to start the process. Your first and last Name, R Number, class, gender, date of birth, Rhodes email address, and password have been entered.
- The first time you visit the website you will need to use your Rhodes email account as your Login and enter your R Number as the password to access the account.
- Please confirm that the information in the General Tab is correct and add your sport. To finish your account, please complete everything that is marked with a Red Asterisk in the Address, Emergency, Insurance, and Medical Tabs.
- EKG: will be available at Athletics Physicals for $25.00 (This will be charged to Student Account). It is strongly suggested to be performed on site. f you prefer, you may submit an EKG from your personal physician. Please provide the original 12 lead EKG tracing printout. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 901-257-0550 by July 15th. Students who have not submitted EKG by deadline will have EKG at physicals.
- Sickle Cell Confirmation—All Rhodes College athletes must have documentation of sickle cell trait before the student athlete can practice, lift, or perform any team activities, by one of the following options:
- Documentation by state at birth (click here for information about how to contact state authorities)
- Sickle Cell solubility blood tests will be available at Athletics Physicals for $15.00 (This will be charged to Student Account). If you prefer, you may submit labwork from your personal physician. Please provide the lab results via email email@example.com or fax to 901-257-0550. Students who have not submitted results by July 15th will be tested at physicals.
- Please review insurance claim procedure
- Medical Exception paperwork (banned substances) if applies: NCAA Banned Substances
- Exceptions may be granted for substances in the following classes of banned drugs: stimulants (ADD/ADHD meds), beta blockers, beta-2 agonists (albuterol inhalers), diuretics, anti-estrogens, anabolic agents (steroids), and peptide hormones.
- If you have concerns about your prescribed medications or supplements that may be banned, please go to: https://dfsaxis.com/users/login (User name/password: NCAA Division III/ncaa3)
- If you do take a banned substance, the proper paperwork may be found here. Please download the forms and take them to your physician visit. Finished forms can be faxed to 901-257-0550 and will be submitted to NCAA for exemption. Student Athletes are responsible for ensuring the paperwork is completed and returned to Rhodes Sports Medicine.
If the proper documentation for medical exceptions is not on file and the student-athlete fails a drug test, the athletic training staff will not be able to appeal for a medical exception. The resulting penalty for the student-athlete may include a suspension of 365 days from the date of the positive drug test. If proper documentation is on file, we will be able to submit the medical exception to the NCAA without any penalties. If you have any questions regarding medical exceptions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.