The Housing Assignment process happens in three parts:
- Required Fall 2021 Housing Assignment Meetings: All returning students who want to go through the housing assignment process are required to attend one of the Fall 2021 Housing Assignment meetings. This process does not apply to first-year students.
- Registration: During the registration portion you will register for housing and provide all the important information we need to plan for students to select their rooms. First-year students should complete housing information included in enrollment forms.
- Room Selection Night: This is the night you will log in with your roommate or roommates and select your actual room.
Required Fall 2021 Housing Assignment Meetings
All returning students who are going through the Fall 2021 Housing Assignment Process are required to attend one of the Housing Assignment Meetings. These meetings will provide you critical information about the dates and process. Please see the video below to view a meeting.
Fall 2021 Housing Assignment Meeting
Registration is open now and will be open through 5:00pm on Monday, April 5, 2021. Registration is required for all returning students who want to go through the housing assignment process. Please, be sure to register as soon as possible. To register for the housing selection process, please read through the rest of this page and then click the Fall 2021 Housing Assignment Registration link.
Why do I have register for Fall 2021 Housing Assignment Selection?
Registration allows Residence Life to know who wants to live on campus. It allows us to know your needs and interests and plan accordingly to house our current students and our incoming students. Students who register by the deadline will be able to enter their housing preferences and roommate groups.
What happens once I register?
Once you register and the registration period ends, then you will receive information about your time block to log in for Room Selection Night.
During the week of April 5th-9th, ERezLife will use the lottery style system to assign each student a sign in time. The sign in time will be done by class. Each class will have a specific day and times selected for each member of their class. The Class of 2024 will have two days due to size.
As an example: if the class of 2022 has 150 members to sign up for housing, the system will randomly assign each person a time beginning at 6pm. The first 1-25 will start at 6pm and then the next 26-51 will start at 6:15. This will go on until all members have been assigned a time. The housing portal will close at 10pm each evening. Those in the class of 2022 will not be able to go into the system after their day has closed until Friday, April 16th at 1pm. On Friday, April 16th at 1pm the portal will be open to everyone. This process will be done for each class.
Everyone who registers will receive a time to log into the housing portal. That email will include, the date and time when you can log into the system to select their room and roommates for Fall 2021-Spring 2022 school year. Students will be able to see the open spaces each night. A larger class may have more than one night.
What happens if I register, and then I change my mind?
There is a housing cancellation fee, and there is more info provided on that below.
Once you have reviewed all the content on this page, register through the link below, you will be registering for the 2021-2022 housing assignment process. You are also acknowledging that you understand and agree to the cancellation fee.
Video: How To Create Roommate Groups
Room Selection Night
Once you have completed registration, you will receive an email between April 5th- 9th, and the email will assign you a block for Room Selection Night. That will be the time block you log in and select your roommate and room. Room Selection Nights will be held by class year April 12-16th. Please, review the following dates for your appropriate year.
- Class of 2024: Monday, April 12, 2021 from 6-10pm and Tuesday, April 13, 2021 from 6pm-10pm
- Class of 2023: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 from 6pm-10pm
- Class of 2022: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 from 6pm-10pm
- Class of 2021: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 from 6pm-10pm
- Thursday, April 15, 2021 from 1pm-4pm will be assigned if additional time is needed.
- Friday, April 16, 2021 from 1pm-4pm will be assigned if additional time is needed.
Residence Life Staff will be in the residence halls to answer phone calls as needed during each night of the room selection process. Please, call (901)843-3241.
What if I don’t have a roommate to live with?
Unlike with incoming first years, Residence Life prefers not to assign random roommates to current students. We can do that if necessary, but we prefer for students to identify their roommate(s) ahead of time. As part of the Room Selection process, we ask all returning students to identify a roommate or roommates for the Housing Assignment process. If you need assistance identifying a roommate, please contact Resident Life. Students who complete the room selection process and do not fill in roommate information will be consolidated into rooms and assigned roommates.
Housing Cancellation Fee
Students who cancel their registration or housing after the housing selection process has begun are subject to a progressive cancellation fee.
- If a student cancels by 5 p.m. on May 15th, the student will incur no cancellation fee.
- If a student cancels between May 16th and June 30th, a cancellation fee of $250 will be placed on the student's account.
- Students who cancel between July 1st and July 15th will incur a $500 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations after July 15th, will incur a cancellation fee of $750.
- If a student registers for housing, and then decides to participate in a study abroad program during fall semester, the registration will be deferred to the spring semester, and no cancellation fee will be incurred.
- If a student registers for housing, and subsequently is released from the residency requirement, the registration will be cancelled without penalty.
- If a student registers for housing and subsequently withdraws or transfers the student will be held to the housing cancellation policy.
- To cancel your application or your housing assignment for Fall 2021, please select the link:
Fall 2021 Housing Cancellation Form
Students who have Accessibility Housing Accommodations requests, must submit their accommodations requests through Melissa Butler, Director of Student Accessibility Services, (email@example.com). For students returning for Fall 2021 semester, that recommended deadline is April 2, 2021.
Housing Accommodation may be submitted by clicking this link:
Student Accessibility Services Housing Accommodation Request Form
Gender Inclusive Housing
Rhodes currently has Gender Inclusive spaces in apartment units. A gender inclusive housing option is one in which two or more students mutually agree to share a multiple-occupancy bedroom, studio, suite or apartment regardless of students’ sex or gender.
- The spaces are located in identified spaces across campus.
- All members of the suite/apartment must agree to the arrangement and are encouraged to communicate with their families. Rhodes College Department of Residence Life will not communicate directly with families in regard to students’ housing assignments.
- Students will not be required to reveal their reasons for opting to live in gender inclusive housing.
- This option is not intended for and is highly discouraged for students involved in romantic relationships.
- Gender Inclusive spaces will be selected during the room selection process.
- Students should plan to participate in housing selection process with their intended roommates during the appropriate schedule time.
Students Currently Studying Abroad or Unable to log into the system
If you are currently abroad, and not able to participate in the Housing Assignment process, you must contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students abroad and their intended roommates will need to submit the names and email address of those you wish to live with along with their R# by 5pm on April 5, 2021.
Students Studying Abroad
If you plan to Study Abroad in the fall 2021 semester, we recommend that you still participate in the room selection process given global conditions. Once your Study Abroad plans are confirmed, then you will need to cancel your housing assignment. You will not be charged a cancellation fee. Housing for you when you return in Spring 2022 will be arranged in November 2021 before your return to campus.
Residency Requirement Appeals
Returning students that wish to file a housing exemption in order to live at home with their families may request a housing exemption via the link:
Resident Assistant Spaces
Those students currently staying in a RA assigned space will need to participate in the Housing Assignment process. If you are not selected to stay as in an RA space for fall 2021-2022, you will need to participate in the Housing Assignment Process. RAs not returning will need to participate in the selection process. They will be included with their class. New RAs (EV and WV) will be selecting their apartment mates. RAs will provide roommates names to Residence Life in advance.
The floor plans for each building are available online on the residence halls web page.
Question or Concern about the Housing Assignment Process?
Please, call Residence Life at (901) 843-3241 or email email@example.com.