Palmer Cat’s not the only one seeing strange creatures on campus—Pokémon are everywhere! Pokémon Go allows players to capture, battle, and train virtual Pokémon who appear throughout the real world, but it’s tricky. To help out, we’ve gathered some helpful hints to take your Pokémon Go skills on campus to the next level.
1. Visit the Refectory—the Rat is apparently popular with both people and Pokémon.
2. There’s a Gym located at the sundial in the quad between Hassell Hall and the Barret Library. You can train and improve your Pokémon there.
3. Don’t worry about finding a PokéStop to gather healing potions and pokéballs, as the campus is loaded with them. Between the main campus, Spann, and Parkway Hall, there are approximately 40!
4. Regularly check for lures put out by others to attract Pokémon. With such a small campus, lures significantly consolidate the nearby Pokémon.
5. Cross the street to Overton Park and the Memphis Zoo, both of which are ridden with Pokémon.
Gotta catch’em all!
Above, Palmer Cat hangin' with Rattata; Below, An active lure on Voorhies
By Drew McCormick '18