The Chitlin’ Circuit Symposium, October 27-28, 2011
Thursday, October 27
Keynote Lecture: Preston Lauterbach, The Chitlin’ Circuit and the Road to Rock ‘n’ Roll
University Center Theater
University of Memphis
Friday, October 28
The Chitlin’ Circuit Symposium
Bryan Campus Life Center
Student Research Presentations
- Ben Walsh (Rhodes College): "Moving it Around: Moses Allen′s Experimentations with the Double Bass"
- Erica Watson (University of Memphis): "Toward a Common Beat: The Shared History of New Orleans Mardi Gras Indians and Native Americans Relived in a Modern Cultural Practice"
- Will Lang (Rhodes College): "The Green Thumb: Dr. Herman Green′s Hand in Memphis Music"
- Daniel Fleck (University of Memphis): "The Repertoire of Mississippi John Hurt"
- Zach Harpole and Emma Fiandt (Rhodes College): "The Curb Digital Archive"
Featuring Bobby Rush and Emerson Able, moderated by Preston Lauterbach