Early Decision/Early Action
Have you decided that Rhodes is where you want to spend the next four years? You may want to consider Early Decision. Early Decision affords you the following advantages:
- Early Decision applicants are given full consideration for all merit scholarships.
- The acceptance rate in Early Decision is historically much higher in Early Decision I & II than other admission plans.
- Those accepted in Early Decision and eligible for need-based financial aid, will receive a financial aid package for review before committing to the institution. This need-based aid package will be the same regardless of the admission plan you choose.
- If admitted to Rhodes, you′re done with your college search early! Now you may enjoy the rest of your senior year without the stresses that come along with the college notification and selection in March and April.
If you are interested in Early Decision at Rhodes, you must agree with the following statements:
- Rhodes is your first-choice college.
- You are not applying to another college using the same Early Decision plan (If you were not admitted under Early Decision I to the school of your choice, you may apply Early Decision II at another institution).
- You agree to attend Rhodes College if accepted and offered a financial aid package that is considered adequate by your family.
If you are ready to apply to Rhodes but would like to consider other college options, Early Action might be best for you. Apply by November 15 and complete the CSS PROFILE by December 1 to be considered for need-based financial aid. We will notify you of your admission decision by January 15th and eligibility for financial aid/scholarships by February 10. Admitted students have until May 1 to make their college decision.