July 25 - August 18, 2021
This new program offers entering students a chance to get a head start at Rhodes under the close guidance of an outstanding faculty member. Students select one of six courses to take for three weeks beginning at the end of July, during the period before Welcome Week and the start of the fall semester. Rhodes Pre-Mester is . . .
- For First-Year Students – All courses are open only to entering students and have a maximum enrollment of 10.
- Foundational – All courses fulfill one of the College’s Foundation requirements.
- Intensive – Courses cover a semester’s worth of content in a concentrated three-week period.
- Diverse – Courses range from computer programming to the psychology of music!
- Safe – Small class sizes allow for appropriate distancing.
- Community-centered – Students immediately become a part of the Rhodes community, through special academic and social programming.
- Career-focused – A three-day workshop follows the completion of the three-week course.
The Pre-Mester embodies the Rhodes Edge – it’s a program in which students can begin to become intellectually ready, leadership ready, and graduate school/career ready, all before the fall semester starts!
Check the tab to the right for the list of available courses. All students will take a single three-week course.
After the course is over, all students will join the Career Academy, a three-day workshop designed to foster self-exploration that will help students connect potential majors to future careers and equip them with a foundation to succeed in workplace environments. Over the course of three days, students will engage in self-discovery activities that will guide them toward discovering purpose and meaning while exploring majors and occupations that align with their interests, personalities, values and work place preferences. Students will construct critical foundational materials needed to be considered for post-graduate opportunities and will engage in real world exercises that provide them with the skill set and knowledge needed to thrive at Rhodes and beyond.