Selecting an Off-Campus Study Program

Selecting a Non-Rhodes Program

Our Online Portal for Off-Campus Study has a search feature which allows students to look for programs by filtering various criteria, such as course of study, county, language, housing preference, and others.  The programs which appear in Our Online Portal for Off-Campus Study come from our list of recognized programs/providers.

The institutions on the list are recognized for providing quality academic instruction and student services. The list is intended to be used as a guide in choosing a program abroad and is available to students in a searchable form through the Online Portal for Off-Campus Study.

Students are not restricted to the programs or institutions on the List; however, those wishing to participate on a program that does not appear on the List of Recognized Programs/Providers must petition for approval to participate on the program. Staff at the Buckman Center are able to explain the petition process.

Non-Rhodes programs policies may be different from Rhodes policies. 

Be sure to become acquainted with all aspects of applying to these programs: deadlines; eligibility requirements; application materials; scholarship applications; and program fees, billing, and refund policies. 

There are significant differences between Rhodes and Non-Rhodes programs.

Grades: Grades earned on non-Rhodes programs are treated as transfer credit and must be passed with a C- or higher.

Portability of Financial Aid: Students enrolled in semester or year-long non-Rhodes programs may obtain non-campus-based Title IV funds for which the student may qualify. However, no Rhodes funds or campus-based Title IV assistance will be available. In order to continue any existing federal financial aid (e.g. Stafford Loan, Pell Grants, Parent Loans, etc.) when participating in a non-Rhodes program, students must complete the Consortium Agreement for Financial Aid form. Students may apply for Study Abroad Scholarships, whether they are on Rhodes or non-Rhodes programs.

Read more about these and other differences on our Policy Pages.