Rhodes is a national, four-year, private, coeducational, residential college committed to the liberal arts and sciences. Our highest priorities are intellectual engagement, service to others, and honor among ourselves. We enjoy one of the country’s most beautiful campuses in the heart of Memphis, an economic, political and cultural center, making Rhodes one of a handful of prominent liberal arts colleges located in a major metropolitan area.
The Rhodes experience combines the best of the classroom and the real world—through internships, service, research and other opportunities in Memphis and far beyond. Students learn, play and serve others with a determination to grow personally and to improve the quality of life within their communities.
Rhodes is profiled in The Princeton Review’s recently released The Best 381 Colleges for 2017, and ranks No. 1 on its Most Beautiful Campus list and No. 2 for Most Engaged in Community Service. For the second year in a row, Rhodes was also included in The Princeton Review’s lists of “Colleges That Create Futures” and “Colleges That Pay You Back.” For two years in a row, Rhodes was named America’s #1 Service-Oriented College by Newsweek magazine. In addition, Rhodes regularly garners accolades from U.S. News and World Report, Forbes and Fiske’s Guide to Colleges. Rhodes is also profiled in the prestigious book Colleges That Change Lives.
Rhodes by the Numbers
- 10:1 student–to–faculty ratio
- Average class size 14
- 224 faculty
- 98% hold the highest degree possible in their fields
- More than 50 majors and minors
- 2,010 students represent 46 states (plus D.C.) and 44 countries.
- Multicultural & international students make up 30% of the student body.
- More than 80% participate in service
- 75% complete internships
- 65% study abroad or at off-campus sites in the U.S
- Nearly 100% of first-year students live on campus
- 52% belong to social fraternities/sororities
- 100+ student clubs, organizations, intramural and club sports
- 23 men’s and women’s NCAA Division III intercollegiate teams
Admission and Financial Aid (Class of 2022)
- 55% ranked in top 10% of high school class
- 1250-1400 mid-range SAT scores (based on new format)
- 28-31 mid-range ACT scores
- $59,293 tuition, room, board and fees
Rhodes is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Rhodes College.