The Memphis Chapter NATS (National Association of the Teachers of Singing) auditions were held at the University of Memphis on Oct. 31. Eighteen Rhodes voice students auditioned for adjudicators and competed with students from the University of Memphis, Union University, and UT Martin, among others.
Students who participated include Olivia Gacka, Isabel Wittman, Alana Heyrana, Angelo Thomas, Paul Brandt, Annie Hohlt, Sara Anne Stringfellow, Virginia Tipps, Cameron Crawford, Dynasty Fortier, Camilla Zimmerman, and Chloe Burkhead. Those who sang in the final round and placed in his or her category are:
- Sarah Catanzaro-1st place Fourth Year Women (classical)
- Ryan Cooper-1st place Fourth Year Men (classical)
- Kathryn Brode-1st place Second Year Women (classical)
- Alex Bartlett-3rd place Second Year Women (classical)
- Jenny Wilson-tied for 1st place in Lower College Music Theater Women
- Isabel Celata-3rd place Lower College Music Theater Women
Students study voice at Rhodes with Carole Blankenship and Sandra Franks. Other voice faculty involved in the competition include Matthew Hayner and Paul Murray. Debbie Smith, Tom Bryant, and Perry Mears are the Rhodes faculty pianists who played for the students at NATS.