Need-Based Study Abroad Scholarships
Every year, Rhodes offers a number of Need-Based awards for study abroad programs for the summer as well as for semester-long study. These awards can be for Rhodes programs and non-Rhodes programs, though preference is usually given to Rhodes study abroad programs during the summer. The scholarships are coordinated by the Buckman Center for International Education in conjunction with the Financial Aid Office.
To be considered for a Need-Based Scholarship, applicants must complete each of these items by the scholarship deadline:
1. Need-Based Scholarship Application through the Online Portal for Off-Campus Study
2. Off-Campus Study Application through the Online Portal for Off-Campus Study
3. Application to the program provider (European Studies, exchange program, or non-Rhodes program)
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.75 GPA, unless otherwise specified.
- Applicants must have a current FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid Office (When you file your FAFSA application, be sure to include Rhodes′ Title IV Code: 003519, to enable your FAFSA to be released to the Rhodes College Financial Aid Office.)
- Awards are usually given to rising juniors, though sophomores are encouraged to apply as well.