Finding the Right Fit
The college application allows you to show the Admission committee that you are ready and excited to become an essential part of the Rhodes classroom and community. We use a holistic approach to evaluate every facet of your application to get a better sense of the whole you. When examined together, your transcript, test scores, extracurricular activities, recommendations, personal statement, and demonstrated interest can paint a bigger picture of your ability to contribute to Rhodes as a classmate, roommate, teammate, and community member.
We recommend that applicants be active throughout their college search and personally engaged with the college. We want to get to know you and to help you get to know Rhodes! Come for a campus visit, meet your Admission counselor when they visit your school, or connect with us through an interview. You may also demonstrate your interest by contacting your Admission counselor.
Which Decision Plan Is Right for Me?
First year students can choose from three application options:
- Early Decision (ED) applicants make a commitment to Rhodes as their first-choice institution and agree that, if admitted, they will enroll and withdraw all other applications. It's perfect for students who are ready to say, "If we can make Rhodes possible, Rhodes is where I will be."
- Early Action (EA) applicants submit their application early but are not making a binding commitment. It's great for students who want to apply early but aren't yet ready to make their final college choice.
- Regular Decision (RD) applicants send in their application in January. This plan is ideal for students who find Rhodes a little later during senior year or want to wait for new transcripts or test scores to become available.
- Early Decision I: November 1 (Notified 2 Weeks*)
- Early Decision II: November 15 or at application (Notified 2 Weeks*)
- Early Action: November 15 (Notified by January 15)
- Regular Decision: January 1 (Notified by March 15)
- Transfer (Spring 2019): November 1 (Notified by December 1)
- Transfer (Fall 2019): April 1 (Notified by May 1)
*Rhodes begins review of ED I applications seeking financial aid on Oct. 1 and ED II applications on Nov. 15. Notifications of ED admission and scholarship decisions are normally sent out within two weeks of receipt of all supporting documents.