Psychology Student Advisory Council
The Psychology Student Advisory Council was established to organize student input in departmental governance and to develop student leadership within the department. PSAC members are involved in many aspects of the department, including:
- hosting guest speakers, alumni visitors, etc.
- representing student interests on departmental committees (e.g., regarding upcoming curriculum reform, hiring decisions, etc.)
- representing psychology students at college events such as admissions activities and parents’ weekend
- planning departmental social events
- communicating students concerns or problems as they arise, and organizing dialogue about those concerns
The council consists of seven majors: three seniors, two juniors, and two sophomores nominated and selected by faculty. This gives the council a range of younger and older students. The council elects its own presiding officer and establishes its own meeting times and agenda, which includes a preliminary meeting in the first month of the school year. Council members may, at their discretion, add additional students to supplement the students nominated by faculty. If you have any questions about PSAC operations, upcoming events, or general concerns, please feel free to email email@example.com .
2011-2012 Psychology Student Advisory Council