Top Five Boutiques
Publication Date: 2/17/2014
By Ali Swee ′16
Whether your style is eccentric, classic, quirky, preppy, or casual, Memphis has a shop for you. This city is full of boutiques that offer everything from brand-name dresses to hand-made jeans. After all, sometimes a little retail therapy is the best way to end a stressful week.
1. Sachi: In addition to being one of the best places to purchase formal dresses, this boutique is packed full of high-end brands such as Ella Moss, French Connection, Free People, and many more. However, it’s just as easy to find adorable dresses at a marked-down price on their clearance rack. Don’t miss out on their reasonably priced jewelry options as well!
2. Indigo: A local favorite among Rhodes students, Indigo sells an array of cute, casual tops and sweaters. As suggested in the name, Indigo also offers a selection of quality jeans and shorts. Head to this boutique if you’re interested in picking up some trendy winter boots--they carry a full collection of Hunter and Frye boots.
3. Hoot+Louise: If you’re more of the artsy type, stop by Hoot+Louise on South Main. This vintage shop not only features clothing, but also a collection of jewelry, housewares, and dishes. The best thing about Hoot+Louise is its unique assortment of merchandise—more than half of the clothing is made by independent designers and can’t be found anywhere else!
4. Crazy Beautiful: Whether you’re looking for plaid retro or classic lace, this boutique features the perfect mixture of quirky and casual styles. You can find one-of-a-kind pieces at an affordable price, which makes it ideal for college students. Crazy Beautiful also carries a selection of the popular Piko tops, spotted all over campuses across the South.
5. Celery: If you love thrifting, this upscale resale boutique is the place for you. However, this isn’t your average consignment store: Celery features brands such as Tory Burch, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Burberry, and many others at a reduced price. In fact, one blogger wrote about her purchase of vintage Frye boots for $60.00!
Hoot + Louise is a great place to find one-of-a-kind items.