RAB Study Breaks for Students
Publication Date: 12/6/2012
by Caroline Ponseti ’14
The Rhodes Activities Board (RAB) is a campus organization that sponsors campuswide events like concerts, raves, and study breaks throughout the year to encourage campus unity. During final exams in the fall and spring, RAB hosts many “study breaks” to keep the student body relaxed and motivated.
1. RAB and Residence Life cosponsor a Pancake Study break during one night of exams. This is a beloved Rhodes tradition—and is usually attended by President Troutt.
2. All through Finals Week, RAB provides free coffee in the Middle Ground after 11 p.m.
3. RAB hosts Middle Ground Massages, the campus coffee shop, at the start of exam week. They hire several masseuses to bring in their chairs and give relaxing neck and upper back massages.
4. During spring finals week, RAB hosts a “puppy study break,” where they bring plenty of puppies to campus for the sole purpose of being hugged and played with by stressed students.
5. RAB also hosts an “inflatables study break,” where they bring several space walks and inflatable obstacle courses to campus to help the students de-stress.