Old Fashioned? Not Really!
Publication Date: 11/8/2012
Visitors who see the collegiate Gothic architecture of our campus might be tempted to think we are old-fashioned. But that’s definitely not the case when it comes to the environment. To wit:
- The Barrett Library’s Staircase is made from the wood of trees that were cut down to build the library.
- Rhodes is a certified Level 4 arboretum, with 123 species of trees on campus.
- The hall lights in West Village automatically turn on when a person walks through the hall and off when they leave.
- The Frazier-Jelke Building requires less air conditioning and heat because it is underground.
- The Barrett Library’s lights automatically adjust to how dark or bright it is outside.