Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Oct.29-31
Publication Date: 10/27/2010
Rhodes College, founded in 1848 and located in Memphis, Tenn., since 1925, will celebrate Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Oct. 29-31.
All alumni are encouraged to attend the Homecoming Reception beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 29, in the Bryan Campus Life Center and the noon picnic on Saturday, Oct. 30, in the Rollow Avenue of Oaks. Class reunions will be celebrated on Saturday evening.
This year’s homecoming includes McCoy Theatre’s 30th Anniversary Reception. The event follows McCoy’s opening night production of “The Robber Bridegroom” on Friday, Oct. 29, at 7:30 p.m.
On Saturday, Oct. 30, the local community is invited to help fill the stands for the homecoming football game at Fargason Field (on campus). Admission is free. The Rhodes Lynx will take on Centre College beginning at 2 p.m. At halftime, winners of the Mr. and Ms. Rhodes election will be announced, and the 2010 inductees to the Athletic Hall of Fame recognized.
They are Bob Welsh ’59 of Black Mountain, N.C.; Paul Cox ’65 of Collierville, Tenn. (posthumous); Mike Hettinger ’68 of Overland Park, Kan.; John Loebel ’79 of Collierville, Tenn.; Donald Duggan ’86 of Concord, Calif.; Hallie McNeill Ward ’96 of Memphis; and Neil Brunetz ’97 of Chattanooga, Tenn.
Alumni Association Award recipients who will be recognized at homecoming festivities include:
- Young Alumna of the Year-Jane Wells ’03 of Memphis
- Distinguished Alumnus Award-Dr. William O. Coley, Jr. ’50 of Memphis
- Distinguished Service Award-Marilyn Daniel ’62 of Versailles, Ky.
- Black Student Association Distinguished Alumnus Award -Virgil Starks III ’85 of Auburn, Ala. (posthumous)
- Volunteer of the Year Recipients-F. Michael Royer and Shelley J. Royer of Houston, Texas (parents)
View the complete schedule.
For more information about Homecoming/Reunion Weekend 2010, contact the Alumni Office at 901-843-3845.