Parent and Family Weekend to Showcase Daily Campus Life
Publication Date: 9/7/2010
It won’t be long before parents and families will be back on campus to spend time with their students. Parent/Family Weekend is September 24-26. Now is the time to register, book a hotel, and view schedule updates.
Family members can experience some of what Memphis and Rhodes has to offer by:
- Attending a class
- Taking a tour of the beautiful campus led by a student Diplomat
- Attending athletic events
- Meeting faculty and staff at a departmental open house
- Seeing their student give a presentation or participate in a student-led event
- Getting a taste of Memphis food in the Burrow Refectory
- Listening to the amazing sounds of Rhodes two a cappella ensembles-- Lipstick on Your Collar (the women’s ensemble) and Woolsocks (the men’s ensemble)
- Do some stargazing in Rhodes Tower Observatory and Deck, weather permitting
- Attending the Kappa Delta All-Sing
- Enjoying a performance by Contents Under Pressure, Rhodes Improv Comedy Troupe
In addition to these activities, families will have time to learn about their student’s favorite things to do and places to go in Memphis.
We hope to see you here September 24-26!