Constitution of the Rhodes College Russian Club
Article I. Name of the Organization
The name of this organization shall be the Русский клуб/Russkii Club of Rhodes College.
Article II. Purposes
The purposes of this organization are as follows:
- to promote further understanding of the languages, culture, and peoples of the Russian Federation through discussions, presentations, and social gatherings.
- to strengthen the fluency of the Russian-speaking members through activities.
Article III. Membership in the Organization
Membership shall be extended to any student of Rhodes College having an interest in Russian culture.
- Honorary members (including faculty and staff) will be invited after a majority vote of the club.
- All active members shall be required to pay dues of ten dollars per year.
- Members shall not miss two consecutive meetings without prior excuse from the Secretary/Minister of Finance. Voting rights will be suspended upon the first offense; further offenses will be fined ten dollars.
Article IV. Leadership and Committees
The faculty advisor shall be chosen from the ranks of the Rhodes College faculty.
Section 2 President
The duties of the President are as follows:
- shall preside over all meetings
- shall head the Program Committee responsible for the selection and coordination of presentations and events
- shall act as liaison between the club and the Faculty Advisor
Section 3 Vice-President
The duties of the Vice-President are as follows:
- shall preside over meeting in the absence of the President
- shall head the social committee responsible for all social events of the club
Section 4 Minister of Finance/Secretary
The duties of the Minister of Finance/Secretary are as follows:
- shall collect dues and fines.
- shall head the Fund Raising Committee
- shall distribute funds where needed
- shall manage the club accounts
- shall be responsible for all correspondence of the club
- shall take the minutes of the meetings of the club and executive committee
Section 5 Minister of Propaganda
The duties of the Minister of Propaganda are as follows:
- shall head the Publicity Committee, responsible for notices of the club’s meetings and events.
Section 6 Committees
The President shall call for new committees as the need arises.
Article V. Meetings
Meetings shall be held one or twice a month based on need at the designated time and place.
- The Executive Committee shall meet once a month and shall be responsible for preparing the budget at the first executive meeting of the year.
Article VI. Elections
- Elections shall be held at the second April meeting of each year.
- Membership to particular committees shall be voluntary with even distribution being kept in mind. Each member shall belong to at least one committee.
- Honorary members shall not vote.
- In the event that any officer is unable to discharge his duties, a new election shall be called to fill the office. Any of the present officers may run.
- A quorum for voting shall consist of two-thirds of the membership.
Article VII. Amendments
Proposed amendments must be seconded and approved by a two-thirds vote of the club and will be added upon approval by the President of the College.
The Constitution of the Russkii Club was adopted y the membership in September, 2004. The following people were elected as officers for the 2013-2014 school year:
President: Cameron McGarrah
Vice-President: to be elected
Minister of Finance/Secretary: Mary Chesnut
Minister of Propaganda: to be elected
If you would like to become a member of the Russian Club, contact Cameron McGarrah at firstname.lastname@example.org