Thakkar-Freeman Chinese Studies Award
Every year, a Chinese Studies award established with funds donated by the Universal Foundry & Machine Works, Inc. and Freeman Family Foundation will be given to a Rhodes student who minors in Chinese studies. A Rhodes student who wishes to be considered for the Thakkar-Freeman Chinese Studies Award must meet the following requirements:
- He or she has already declared a minor in Chinese studies;
- The minimum GPA for all the courses taken at the college is 3.5;
- He or she has already fulfilled two thirds of the requirements for the minor, that is, two years of Chinese language and three courses of Chinese culture;
- The GPA for Chinese studies courses already taken is 3.6 or above;
- He or she has actively participated and played a key role in extracurricular activities organized by the Chinese program.