- Planning Your Visit
On Mondays and Fridays, the morning information session includes a member of the Rhodes faculty.
High school seniors may participate in one of our overnight stays on Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday evening.
September 28, 2013 (Rhodes vs. Berry College football game, Parents Weekend and Texas Rhodes Show)
October 5, 2013 (Blues Bowl: Rhodes vs. University of Chicago football game)
November 23, 2013 (Memphis Invitational Mock Trial Competition)
January 25, 2014
February 8, 2014
March 1, 2014
April 5, 2014
- Open House – Monday, October 7, 2013
- Open House – Saturday, October 19, 2013
- Fine & Performing Arts Program – Friday, November 15, 2013
- Writing Camp Reunion – Friday, November 15, 2013 (For students who attended the 2013 Summer Writing Institute)
- Open House – Saturday, November 16, 2013 (Rhodes vs. Millsaps football game. Annual Cajun Fest event.)
- Junior Journey – Monday, February 17, 2014 (President’s Day)
- Scholarship Symposium – Friday, February 21, 2014 (By invitation only for top scholars)
- Scholarship Symposium – Friday, February 28, 2014 (By invitation only for top scholars)
- Scholarship Symposium – Friday, March 21, 2014 (By invitation only for top scholars)
- Junior and Sophomore Journey – Monday, March 24, 2014
- Scholarship Symposium – Monday, March 31, 2014 (By invitation only for top scholars)
- Preview for Admitted Students – Saturday, April 12, 2014
Labor Day – Monday, September 2, 2013
Family Weekend – September 27-28, 2013
Rhodes College Fall Break – October 11-15, 2013
Rhodes College Homecoming – October 25-26, 2013
Rhodes College Thanksgiving Break – November 26-Dec 1, 2013
Rhodes College Fall Classes End – Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Rhodes College Spring Classes Resume – January 8, 2014
MLK, Jr. Holiday – January 20, 2014
Spring Break – March 7-16, 2014
Easter Break – April 16-20, 2014
- Schedule Your Visit
- Download Our Mobile App for Visitors
- Explore Memphis
- The Beale Street Historic District, the Cooper-Young Entertainment District, and the South Main Arts District are all just minutes from campus.
- Hailed as the birthplace of both the blues and rock-and-roll, Memphis music is as diverse as our city. World-class entertainers play at clubs and concert venues year-round.
- Restaurants are almost as legendary as the Memphis music scene. Our students all have their favorites, for everything from downhome barbecue and burgers to fine dining and ethnic specialties.
- The city also boasts one of the top urban park systems in the US, covering 7,000 acres, and one of them, Overton Park, is right next to our Midtown campus (as is the famous Memphis Zoo).
- Memphis hosts year-round sports action, with the NBA Grizzlies, the Mississippi River Kings (ice hockey), and the Memphis Redbirds, the AAA affilate of the St. Louis Cardinals.
Come Visit Us!
If you are interested in Rhodes College, we cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you and your family to visit. Our yearlong schedule of events provides prospective students and parents with a variety of convenient opportunities to visit our campus.
So pick a date, schedule a visit and come see us. We cannot wait to meet you!
Visit Opportunities During the Academic Year
Daily Visits – Monday through Friday
Prospective students and their families can schedule a visit to Rhodes, Monday-Friday throughout the year by appointment when the college is in session. You will meet our students, faculty and staff, attend classes, learn more about the unique relationship between Rhodes and Memphis, and gain practical insight into the application process, scholarships and financial aid. We also offer special departmental tours for the sciences, fine arts and mock trial. And, if you let us know what your personal interests are, we can tailor a visit specifically for you.
Saturdays – Once a month
Our Saturday visit events include a campus tour, information session and taste of Memphis BBQ. Also, there is always something fun to do in Memphis on the weekends. For a schedule of events, visit www.memphistravel.com.
Throughout the academic year, we offer several visit programs that provide prospective students and parents with a thorough introduction to Rhodes and Memphis.
High School Group Visits
Group visits are available for high school students on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays, and may include a 30-minute information session and/or an hour-long walking tour of campus. High School Group visits are for up to 60 students with one adult to accompany every 10 students. Please start early in your visit planning process by calling our campus visit service coordinator at (901) 843-3700 to check availability.
We look forward to your visit!
Dates to Note:
Memphis and our connections to it are as much a part of the Rhodes education as any lab or lecture hall. Home to Fortune 500 companies such as FedEx and International Paper, and a major hub for biomedical research, distribution and industry, Memphis offers prestigious internships and research opportunities for students. The city′s independent spirit makes it fertile ground for arts and culture, non-profits, community service and do-it-yourself leaders of all kinds.