- Planning Your Visit
- Schedule Your Visit
- Download Our Mobile App for Visitors
- Explore Memphis
- The Beale Street Historic District, the Cooper-Young Entertainment District, and the South Main Arts District are all just minutes from campus.
- Hailed as the birthplace of both the blues and rock-and-roll, Memphis music is as diverse as our city. World-class entertainers play at clubs and concert venues year-round.
- Restaurants are almost as legendary as the Memphis music scene. Our students all have their favorites, for everything from downhome barbecue and burgers to fine dining and ethnic specialties.
- The city also boasts one of the top urban park systems in the US, covering 7,000 acres, and one of them, Overton Park, is right next to our Midtown campus (as is the famous Memphis Zoo).
- Memphis hosts year-round sports action, with the NBA Grizzlies, the Mississippi River Kings (ice hockey), and the Memphis Redbirds, the minor league baseball team affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals.
A Taste of Rhodes
If you are interested in Rhodes College, we cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you and your family to visit us. Our Taste of Rhodes events provide prospective students and parents with a variety of convenient opportunities to visit our campus.
So pick a date, schedule a visit and come see us. We cannot wait to meet you, show you around and provide you with a true Taste of Rhodes!
During the academic year
Prospective students will have the chance to meet with our students, faculty and staff, attend classes when in session, learn more about the unique relationship between Rhodes and Memphis, and gain practical insight into the application process as well as the ins and outs of scholarships and financial aid.
In addition to our daily visits, Rhodes offers campus visits on Saturdays, once a month. There are also visit dates specifically for high school juniors, prospective students who are pursuing a fine arts scholarship or students who have been accepted to Rhodes.
Prospective students can schedule a visit to Rhodes, Monday through Friday by appointment. If you let us know what your personal interests are, we can tailor a visit specifically for you. High school seniors who have completed the Common Application Supplement may participate in one of our overnight programs.
During the summer months
Summer is a great time to begin the college search process. Prospective students and families will have a chance to meet with current students and admission counselors to gain practical insight into the application process, receive details about financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and hear about the unique relationship between Rhodes and Memphis.
High School Group Visits
Group visits are available for high school students on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays and may include a thirty minute information session and/or an hour-long walking tour of campus. Group visits may include up to sixty students with one adult accompany every ten students. Please start early in your visit planning process by calling our campus visit service coordinator at 901-843-3700 to check availability.
We look forward to you visiting!
Daily visits are Monday-Friday (excluding campus closings). Please visit our calendar to register. In addition, we have a few campus programs that you may choose by clicking the link associated to the program date.
Discover Rhodes Summer Programs
Note of Interest
The College will be closed Thursday, July 4, 2013.
Our city and our connections to it are as much a part of the Rhodes education as any lab or lecture hall. Home to Fortune 500 companies such as FedEx and International Paper, and a major hub for biomedical research, distribution and industry, Memphis offers prestigious internships and research opportunities. The city′s independent spirit makes it fertile ground for arts and culture, non-profits, community service and do-it-yourself leaders of all kinds.