Parent Family / Weekend
Let us know when you get here!
Check in at Registration Table - Middle Ground / Barret Library
9 - 5 PM Friday, September 19
Havn′t signed up yet? - You can still sign up ... Click Here to Register Now
Parent/Family Weekend is your opportunity not only to see your student, but to experience some of what the Rhodes and Memphis communities have to offer. Attend a class or an athletic event on campus. Participate in community service or check out your student in action as he or she participates in a number of student-designed and student-led events. Learn about all of your student’s favorite things to do and places to go in Memphis.
Some campus-based activities include:
• Attending a class with your student
• Picnic on Oak Alley
• Fun Run/Walk to benefit St. Jude Children′s Research Hospital (PDF Map of Course)
• Athletic events
• Family & Faculty Mixer
• Reception & Presentation by Michael Gerson, Washington Post Columnist & former top aide to President George W. Bush
• Study Abroad, Fellowships, and Internships presentation
• Multicultural reception
Some student-led events include:
• Kappa Delta All-Sing
• Buckman International Intern and Buckman Fellow presentations
• Woolsocks & Lipstick on Your Collar Concert (a cappella ensembles)
• Globe Med Silent Art Auction
• Green Rhodes Arboretum Tours
• Sketchy Comedy Group
• CUP (contents under pressure) Improv Comedy
Additional information on the weekend’s events and Memphis resources will be provided upon arrival at the Parent/Family Weekend registration table (located in Middle Ground, Barret Library). In the meantime, please contact us at (901) 843-3885 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. We hope to see you in September!