Information for Students
Whether considering a major or minor in history, or simply fulfilling a foundation requirement in the Department, students enrolled in history courses should consider the following:
- The Department accepts advanced placement and transfer credit under certain conditions.
- The Department expects students to be aware of the College’s and the historical profession’s guidelines for academic integrity.
- Courses in the Department can play an important role in students’ career planning.
- The Department encourages students to explore options opportunities for special studies such as directed inquiries, honors research, internships, learning communities, the Rhodes Institute for Regional Studies, and study abroad.
- Each year the Department bestows the John Henry Davis Award, the Douglas W. Hatfield Award, and the Phi Alpha Theta Award upon outstanding senior history majors at the College’s awards convocation.