Every student attending Rhodes College must submit the required medical information forms and provide proof of health insurance before being permitted to enroll in classes. Students planning to participate in varsity athletics (baseball, basketball, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track, volleyball) require additional forms. Each form has a required time they must be submitted in relation to the student ‐ athlete arriving at Rhodes. This document exists to help clarify which required medical forms are needed by each group and when those forms must be completed by the student.
Rhodes College uses a Health Information System that shares relevant information between the Student Health Center and the Athletic Training Office to ensure quality medical care. Some required forms can be submitted electronically to our Health Information System, while others (usually requiring information from a doctor or a signature) must be submitted on paper by mailing them into the appropriate office. Submitting forms by fax or email is not allowed.
To submit a form electronically, the student should go to http://rhodes.medicatconnect.com and log in with their Rhodes username (the part before the @ sign of their email address, such as “abcde‐18”) and password, then access the forms under the Online Student Forms area of the website.
To submit a paper form, please mail it to the correct office. Multiple forms can be mailed together in the same envelope, as long as they sent to the correct office:
Please send ALL STUDENTS paper forms to:
Rhodes College Student Health Center
Please send ATHLETICS ONLY paper forms to:
Rhodes College Athletic Training Office
Every incoming student must submit the following forms by June 15th:
- Medical History Form [electronic – go to http://rhodes.medicatconnect.com to submit]
- Health Insurance Information Form [paper ‐ photocopy the front and back of the student’s insurance card, tape those copies to the printed form, and mail the form to us] https://www.rhodes.edu/images/content/Health_Services_Docs/Health_Insurance.pdf
- Physical Examination Report [paper – download and print the form, have a physician complete and sign it, and mail it to us] https://www.rhodes.edu/images/content/Health_Services_Docs/Physical_Examination_Report.pdf
- Immunization Record [paper – download and print the form, complete and sign the student and physician portions, and mail it to us] https://www.rhodes.edu/images/content/Health_Services_Docs/Immunizations.pdf
IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ANY VARSITY SPORTS AT RHODES, YOU CAN STOP READING NOW AND DISREGARD THE REST OF THIS DOCUMENT.
Every varsity athletemustsubmitthe following forms by June 15th:
- Parent’s Insurance Form [electronic – go to http://rhodes.medicatconnect.com to submit]
- Sickle Cell Trait Confirmation
- Documentation via birth state (information about how to contact state authorities at https://www.rhodes.edu/images/content/Athletics/2014_SCT_State_Info.pdf) or sickle cell solubility blood test results, OR
- Waiver signed at the NCAA Sickle Cell Trait Waiver Education meeting. It is strongly encouraged by Rhodes College that student athletes provide sickle cell solubility results. Contact the Athletic Trainer if you have questions. [paper – make a copy of the documentation or solubility results and mail it to us]
- EKG [paper – have your physician provide an EKG printout to you and mail it to us]
- Impact Baseline Concussion Testing Form [electronic – go to https://www.impacttestonline.com/testing/ and use Customer Code 029D342CC7 to submit]
Under certain conditions ONLY, student athletes MAY need to turn in additional forms:
- NCAA ADHD Form [paper – download and print the form, complete it, and mail it to us] https://www.rhodes.edu/images/content/Athletics/ATR_NCAA_ADHD_Reporting_Cover_Form.pdf Only complete if you are being treated for ADHD with stimulant medication. Please read the NCAA Guidelines for ADHD Documentation https://www.rhodes.edu/images/content/Athletics/ATR_NCAA_Guidelines_for_ADHD_Documentation.pdf and have your physician complete the NCAA ADHD Reporting Cover Form.
- Asthma Documentation [paper – download and print the form, have a physician complete it, and mail it to us] https://www.rhodes.edu/images/content/Athletics/ATR_Asthma_Documentation.pdf Only complete if the student athlete uses an Albuterol inhaler.
- If the student is taking stimulants, beta blockers, beta‐2 agonists, diuretics, anti‐estrogens, anabolic agents (steroids), and/or peptide hormones, we must file a medical exception with the NCAA. Please contact Andrew Gibson, the Head Athletic Trainer, at (901) 843‐3465 to start that process.