Financial Aid Timeline
Stay on top of deadlines by following our monthly checklist.
Beginning the fall before you intend to enter Rhodes, follow these steps to apply for admission and financial aid:
- Research non-Rhodes financial aid available through service clubs, fraternal organizations, state scholarship programs and corporations. Your high school counselor, local library, labor unions, parents’ employers and the Internet are good sources of information.
- Participate in the Early Decision Program if you know for sure that you want to attend Rhodes, and if your decision to attend Rhodes is not primarily based on financial aid.
- Complete your admissions application. To be considered for need-based financial aid, indicate your interest on the Common Application (online applicants) or page 2 of the Rhodes printed application (Part 1). All qualified candidates will be considered for Rhodes-funded competitive scholarships.
- Complete your FAFSA and CSS PROFILE online between February 1 and March 1, indicating that Rhodes should receive the results—our college codes are 003519 (FAFSA) and 1730 (CSS). Bonner Scholars candidates must submit the CSS PROFILE by January 15.
- March 1 is the deadline for priority consideration. If you miss the deadline, get your information in as soon as possible—however, be aware that our ability to assist you is more limited if you don’t meet this deadline. Additionally, he deadline for submitting the FAFSA for the Tennessee Student Asssistance Award (TSAA) is typicaly February 1.
- Returning students should file the FAFSA by April 1st. You do not have to file a CSS PROFILE after the first year unless you submit a Special Financial Circumstances Form.
- Award notifications are mailed, showing the amount of aid for which you are eligible.You will be able to view your award online on the BannerWeb.
- You’ll receive information from the Financial Aid Office regarding student loan processes in June.
- If we offer you assistance through the work study program, information will be mailed to you by the Financial Aid Office.
- You will receive your first bill from the Rhodes Bursar’s Office. Your family must make the first payment prior to the start of the fall semester; the Bursar′s Office will send information about our 10-month payment plan.