Scholarships & Fellowships
Our program is one of the largest per capita in the nation.
Every year, nearly half of our entering students receive four-year competitive fellowships, scholarships and awards. Scholarships are awarded based on the information in the Common Application when submitted for admission. Following is a list of our merit-based scholarships (these amounts are effective 2013-2014):
- Bellingrath Scholarship: $39,484 per year (full tuition each year)
- Morse Scholarship: $32,500 per year
- Cambridge Scholarship: $27,500 per year
- Presidential Scholarship: $22,500 per year
- Dean’s Scholarship: $22,500 per year for students of color
- Ralph C. Hon Scholarship: $20,000 per year
- Diehl Scholarship: $18,000 per year
I’ve heard of scholarships, but what are fellowships?
Fellowships take scholarships a step further by providing students with not only financial support, but also the chance to participate in important study, research, creative work and service with like-minded peers. In addition to funding, you’ll put academics into action, build your resume and be part of a learning community. There is an additional process necessary to apply for fellowships. Detailed information is available by clicking on the name of the fellowships listed below:
- Day Scholarship: Up to $30,000 per year in scholarship
- Fine Arts Fellowship: Up to $13,000 per year
- Bonner Scholarship: $12,500 per year in addition to any other Rhodes aid
- Taylor Fellowship in Physics: Up to $15,000 per year in addition to any other Rhodes aid
And other awards are available from organizations and in specific areas of study.
Are the scholarships awarded for only one year or longer?
All Rhodes Aid is renewable each year for a maximum of three renewals pending a review of your yearly hours and grades. If your demonstrated financial need (based on results of the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE) is greater than the award amount, you may receive additional assistance in the form of grants, loans or work-study.
If I can’t afford the cost of Rhodes, are there other forms of financial aid that can help?
Yes—you may apply for aid based on your family’s financial circumstances. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS PROFILE online and have the results sent to Rhodes.