Grants from Rhodes and federal sources may be part of your financial aid package.
Your financial aid award letter will detail the types of assistance for which you qualify, and grants may be part of the mix. Grants are highly desirable because they do not have to be repaid.
When you request that Rhodes receive a copy of the results from your FAFSA and CSS PROFILE, you’ll automatically be considered for any grant for which you may qualify. Even if you’ve received a scholarship or a fellowship from Rhodes or an outside source, you may qualify for additional aid if your demonstrated need is greater than the amount of the received award.
What grants are available to me?
- Rhodes College Grants are funded through the college and vary in amount. This grant is renewed each year up to three times for a total of four years of funding.
- Federal Pell Grants are based on the expected family contribution (EFC) as calculated by your FAFSA, which must be $4,995 or below to qualify. Grants range from $602–$5,550. Renewal of this grant is based on the results of the FAFSA each year.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) are awarded to students with exceptional financial aid who meet the qualifications for the Pell Grant. Awards range from $500–$1,500. Renewal of this grant is based on the results of the FAFSA each year.
- Tennessee State Grants, known as the Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA), are available to Tennessee residents by requesting that the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation receive a copy of your results from the FAFSA. Because of the number of students applying, submit your FASFA information by January 31 to have a chance for this award. Grant amounts can be up to $4,000 per year depending on your EFC. Eligibility for any TSAA grant requires an EFC resulting from the FAFSA between $0 and $2,100.
- Ministerial grants are available to children of Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) ministers because of our association with the church. Note your eligibility in the appropriate place on your application for admission. Grants are for $1,000.