Clarence Day Scholarship
Rhodes loves Memphis. We now offer a scholarship for Memphis students who share our passion.
Clarence Day was committed to excellence, service to others, and to his hometown of Memphis. We are seeking outstanding applicants from Memphis and Shelby County who have the potential to become future leaders in Memphis. Each year, we select 10 incoming first-year students who have already demonstrated a passion for this city but want to continue to make a difference here. If selected as a Day Scholar, students will have opportunities to participate in campus and community events related to the Day Foundation and Memphis leadership initiatives in addition to the generous scholarship benefits listed below.
What benefits will I receive as a Day Scholar?
• Scholarship valued at up to $30,000 (depending on financial need) per year
• One-time $5,000 fellowship for a project outside of the classroom during your time at Rhodes
• A four-year program of personal development, reflection, and civic engagement
• Commitment to meet financial need (if any) up to our direct costs with gift aid and student employment
• No expectation to assume any subsidized student loan as a part of your financial aid package, though there will be the option to borrow unsubsidized loan funds to help meet the family’s expected family contribution as determined by the FAFSA
How do I qualify?
Requirements for Day Scholarship:
• Students must attend high school in Memphis City or Shelby County
• Application for admission to Rhodes submitted by January 15
• Day Application due by February 1 at 5 p.m.
• CSS PROFILE submitted by January 15 and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted by March 1
• SAT or ACT scores that are competitive for admission
• A high school record that is competitive for admission
• Strong record of involvement in both the Memphis community and the school community
All students who meet these requirements will automatically be considered for the Day Scholarship.
Application Submission Options
Option 1: Complete the interactive Day Scholarship Application online
Option 2: Download the Day Scholarship Application (PDF). Submit the completed application electronically via email to Megan Starling at email@example.com.
Option 3: Download the Day Scholarship Application (PDF). Send the completed application by mail to:
Rhodes College Office of Admission
Attn: Megan Starling
2000 North Parkway
Memphis, TN 38112
Funding for this program is provided by the Day Foundation.