Jack H. Taylor Fellowship in Physics
We support promising young physicists.
Through the Taylor Fellowship in Physics, we provide talented high school physics students the means to continue their investigations at the college level. At least one fellowship will be awarded to a first-year student each year, and is renewed annually for three years if renewal requirements are satisfied.
As a Taylor Fellow, you will:
- Receive up to $15,000 per year in addition to any other Rhodes scholarship or grant
- Provide five hours per week of service to the Department of Physics
- Make satisfactory progress toward a major or minor in physics as determined by the Department of Physics
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
What is the application process for the Taylor Fellowship in Physics?
- Complete and submit an application for admission to Rhodes by January 15
- Download the Application for the Jack H. Taylor Fellowship in Physics and complete by entering the requested information in each field and then saving to your local drive. E-mail the completed application to Dr. David Rupke at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15
- Arrange to have a letter of reference from a teacher or project supervisor sent to Dr. David Rupke at email@example.com by January 15
- From the pool of applicants, professors in the Department of Physics will select approximately four finalists for an all-expenses-paid visit to Rhodes and personal interview for the fellowship