We’re pleased to have a variety of assistive technology resources available to Rhodes students with disabilities including:
- Kurzweil 3000 – a reading, writing, and learning system for persons with learning and attention disorders. Students can scan materials, convert text to voice output, and enhance study skills by using visual and auditory learning methods.
- Kurzweil 1000 – a reading system that converts printed or electronic text to voice output for persons with visual impairments.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional – a voice recognition input system for persons with manual impairments or written expression learning disabilities. Users enter text into the computer by speaking and control computer operations with voice commands.
- Screen enlargement software
- Color closed circuit television – a stand alone magnifier that allows persons with low vision to enlarge external materials onto the monitor at 4.5X to 35X magnification.
- Assistive equipment for specific disabilities is available for loan, such as FM systems, digital recorders, and more.
We continue to expand our offerings as needed. Please contact SDS for more information about these and other resources you may require.