Center for Outreach in the Development of the Arts
CODA (The Center for Outreach in the Development of the Arts) promotes leadership to expand the impact of the arts in the lives of members of the Rhodes community, Memphis, and beyond through innovative thinking.
Supported by the generous grant from the Robert and Rudy Priddy Charitable Trust of Wichita Falls, Texas, CODA Fellows and Rhodes students, faculty, and staff strive for everyone to come into contact with art in a way that enriches their lives.
CODA works with Rhodes College faculty and student groups to integrate the arts into the broader curriculum, enhance the college′s fine arts programs, create a rich arts environment on campus and in the community, and challenge all Rhodes students to view themselves as potential leaders in the arts.
To apply to the CODA program, consult the application procedures for the CODA Fellowship.
Liz Daggett provides leadership, outreach, and development for CODA as well as support and guidance for the talented CODA Fellows. Liz earned her B.A. from the University of Memphis and her M.F.A. from the University of North Texas in documentary film production. Through her work, she strives to increase the impact of the arts in the lives of Rhodes students and the Memphis community.
CODA $5 Tickets
The cheapest date in town!
CODA at Rhodes purchases tickets to arts events and sells them to students, faculty and staff for $5--a savings of up to $70 versus individual ticket prices. Tickets are always available to students for several days before they are available to faculty and staff.
Past events have included:
- Les Miserables at The Orpheum Theatre
- The Bluest Eye at Hattiloo Theatre
- MacBeth at Shelby Farms
- Compania Flamenca Jose Porcel at Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Memphis: The Musical at The Orpheum Theatre
- Don Giovanni by the Metropolitan Opera broadcast live in HD at The Paradiso Theatre
- 2B Loved by Ballet Memphis at Playhouse on the Square
- Tosca by Opera Memphis at The Orpheum Theatre
- Satyagraha by the Metropolitan Opera broadcast live in HD at The Paradiso Theatre
- The Nutcracker by Ballet Memphis at The Orpheum Theatre