A gift of $10,000 or more will create and name an endowed student award; $50,000 or more will create and name an endowed faculty award. Income from endowed awards will be used to pay all the costs of the award and to support the work of the department in which the award is given.
To protect the importance of the awards, the following regulations and guidelines will be used:
- The total number of awards currently presented is adequate. However, the college will add awards if they are fully endowed and are in areas not covered by present awards. Each department should attempt to replace departmentally-funded awards with fully endowed awards.
- Already established departmental student awards which include a stipend shall be a minimum of $100. Until endowments support these awards, they may be funded from the departments’ non-salary budgets.
- All awards should be accompanied by an appropriate framed plaque funded by the endowed award or by the department.
- Criteria and selection of award winners are the responsibility of the participating department with the approval of the Dean of the Faculty/Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Named awards are listed each year in the college Catalogue.
Revised March 16, 2011.
Revised May 22 2008.
In effect April 26, 2004.
Vice President for Development.