The Faculty Governance Committee
Membership. Five tenured faculty members (one elected by each of the four curriculum divisions, one elected at large, 3-year terms); ex officio: Presiding Officer of the Faculty (non-voting except in case of a tie), Dean of the Faculty.
Duties – In relation to the Faculty as a whole:
- Oversee the implementation of faculty actions;
- Coordinate the process for faculty consideration and input when broad consultation is requested by the Dean of the Faculty or the President;
- Recommend procedures for administration and collection of student evaluations of instruction;
- Make recommendations to the Faculty concerning the establishment or elimination of standing committees;
- Supervise agenda for faculty meetings, procedures in faculty meetings, and the calling of special faculty meetings;
Duties – In relation to the Dean of the Faculty:
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on any major change in academic direction or program;
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on the addition or deletion of any department of instruction;
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on the overall academic budget;
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on the assignment, reassignment, addition and deletion of faculty positions;
- Recommend procedures for the administration and collection of student evaluations of instruction.
Expected Involvement. Meetings are scheduled at least biweekly during the academic year.