The Faculty Governance Committee
All standing committees function under the general oversight of the Faculty Governance Committee.
Membership. Five tenured faculty members (one elected by each of the four curriculum divisions, one elected at large, 3-year terms); ex officio: Presiding Officer of the Faculty (non-voting except in case of a tie), Dean of the Faculty.
Duties – In relation to the Faculty as a whole:
- Oversee the implementation of faculty actions;
- Coordinate the process for faculty consideration and input when broad consultation is requested by the Dean of the Faculty or the President;
- Recommend procedures for administration and collection of student evaluations of instruction;
- Make recommendations to the Faculty concerning the establishment or elimination of standing committees;
- Supervise agenda for faculty meetings, procedures in faculty meetings, and the calling of special faculty meetings;
Duties – In relation to the Dean of the Faculty:
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on any major change in academic direction or program;
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on the addition or deletion of any department of instruction;
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on the overall academic budget;
- Advise the Dean of the Faculty on the assignment, reassignment, addition and deletion of faculty positions;
- Recommend procedures for the administration and collection of student evaluations of instruction.
Expected Involvement. Meetings are scheduled at least biweekly during the academic year.