Campus Energy Policy
The Physical Plant Department is committed to energy conservation wherever possible. The Department has a computer-based energy management system. The system monitors campus buildings and is designed to optimize energy consumption and expenditures where possible. In order to optimize energy consumption, the Department will utilize night, weekend and holiday temperature “setbacks.” Buildings not generally open to the public during nights, weekends or holidays will be monitored closely to determine if HVAC systems need to be running. Thermostats in buildings will be raised/lowered by the Energy Management System to the appropriate “setback” to achieve energy savings. Temperature set points of 68 degrees in the winter and 74 degrees in the summer will be utilized campus-wide as a general rule.
- The Department will strive to comply with the following goals:
- All facilities will be operated utilizing the most energy efficient methods and provisions.
- Efforts will be made to reduce energy consumption in all areas of the College where practical.
- The Department will educate students, faculty and staff of the need to reduce energy consumption where possible.
- The Department will cooperate with all federal, state, and local regulatory bodies in accomplishing energy conservation throughout the campus.
In effect as of April 26, 2004.
Vice President for Finance and Business Affairs.