Rhodes College has received another campus beauty designation. It is one of 14 “Most Beautiful College Campuses,” according to the Expedia travel website.
“Of course, there are thousands of pretty and scenic campuses across the nation, but these are 14 beautiful schools (in no particular order) that made us want to stake a spot on the quad…and maybe even hit the library,” says Expedia staff writer Chloe Mulliner.
Selection was based on the following:
- Scenery: How pretty is the campus?
- Beyond the books: How extensive is the extracurricular scene?
- School spirit: How loud and proud is the student body?
- Community outreach: How engaged is the school with the wider community?
- Local vibes: How interested are students in exploring outside of campus?
“One area of campus that especially shines is the double row of white oak trees, called Rollow Avenue of Oaks, that leads to Palmer Hall,” writes Mulliner. “Another beautiful aspect of this school? More than 80 percent of the student body gives back to the local community." Read more.
“Rhodes is a special place for all the reasons the article mentions, plus many more,” says Carey Thompson, vice president for enrollment and communications and dean of admission. “The college combines not only a beautiful campus with extracurricular and community outreach opportunities in a great city, it also offers a first-rate experience in the liberal arts and sciences to the exceptional students who call Rhodes home.”