Rhodes College Campus
Memphis, TN

Campus Map - Color (PDF)
Campus Map - B & W (PDF)
Accessibility Map (PDF)

Ashner Memorial Gateway*
Ashner Memorial Gateway*

Ashner Memorial Gateway*

Bellingrath Hall*
Bellingrath Hall*

Bellingrath Residence Hall*

Bellingrath houses 124 female students in single, double, triple and quad rooms. All three floors have common bathrooms, and the hall includes a chapel, social rooms and laundry.
Burrow Refectory*
Burrow Refectory*

Refectory, Catherine Burrow, Hyde Hall*

Known to students simply as "The Rat," Catherine Burrow Refectory is the main dining hall. Fresh food stations include meat and vegetables, pizza and pasta, vegan, stir-fry, sandwiches, salads and a bakery. In 2012 the Refectory reopened after a major renovation that added 19,000 square feet of additional space, including a fireside lounge and more public and private dining rooms.
Campus Safety
Campus Safety

Campus Safety

Ellett Hall*
Ellett Hall*

Ellett Residence Hall*

Ellett Hall houses 40 upper-class males in single, double and triple rooms. All three floors have common bathrooms, and a special feature is its social room. Ellett is connected to White, another male residence hall.
Fisher Garden
Fisher Garden

Hubert F. Fisher Memorial Garden

With its permanent stone stage, the beautifully landscaped Hubert F. Fisher Memorial Garden acts as both a mainstage and a hideaway. Once a year, the garden becomes the emotional heart of campus during commencement. The garden also serves as a wedding venue for alumni, and students often lounge in the tucked-away courtyard. Fisher Garden was dedicated in 1941.
Frank M. Harris Memorial Lodge / Mike Curb Institute*
Frank M. Harris Memorial Lodge / Mike Curb Institute*

Frank M. Harris Memorial Lodge*

The Frank M. Harris Memorial Lodge, one of the seven original campus buildings dedicated June 6, 1938, was originally the home of college engineer John Rollow 26 and his family. Today it houses the Mike Curb Institute for Music, which works in tandem with other Rhodes programs to highlight the musical traditions of the region and to study the impact of music on southern culture, history and economy.
Glassell Hall
Glassell Hall

Alfred C. Glassell Residence Hall

Alfred C. Glassell Hall houses both male and female (mostly first-year) students. It offers single, double and triple rooms which have either suite or common bathrooms. There are social rooms on each floor and a common laundry facility.
Gooch Hall*
Gooch Hall*

Gooch Hall*

Adjoining Palmer Hall and Halliburton Tower, Gooch houses the Offices of the President, the Dean of the Faculty, and Finance. Built in 1962, it was dedicated in 1981.
Halliburton Tower*
Halliburton Tower*

Halliburton Memorial Tower*

Halliburton Memorial Tower stands nearly 140 feet tall, gracing the Midtown-Memphis skyline. Built in 1962 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, the tower holds a seven-foot-tall bronze bell that sounds on the hour and half hour.
Human Resources
Human Resources
Phillips Lane Entrance/Hunt Memorial Gateway*
Phillips Lane Entrance/Hunt Memorial Gateway*
Kennedy Hall*
Kennedy Hall*

Berthold S. Kennedy Hall*

Now home to the chemistry department, Berthold S. Kennedy Hall originally housed all the sciences when the college opened in Memphis in 1925. Renovated extensively in 1968 and again in 2000, the building retains its retro charm while still offering students the finest in contemporary technology. Located in the quad outside of Kennedy is the geodesic dome, built by professors and students in the mid-1970s. Kennedy was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
King Hall
King Hall

Dorothy C. King Hall

Originally the national headquarters for Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, Dorothy King Hall was purchased by Rhodes and renamed in 1991. The building houses the Alumni and Development Offices and the Meeman Center for Lifelong Learning. At the Meeman Center, community members take evening classes that are distinctive for their variety and liberal-arts roots.
Palmer Hall*
Palmer Hall*

Palmer Hall*

There is a superstition that haunts the cloister of first floor Palmer, which was built in 1925. Students who walk across the school's seal embedded in the floor are supposedly fated not to graduate on time. However, the taboo is broken on commencement day when the graduating class proceeds directly across the seal out into Fisher Garden for the ceremony. The first building to be completed on campus, Palmer houses the departments of English and modern languages, classrooms, the Language Center and Hardie Auditorium. Palmer was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Refectory, Neely (South) Hall*
Refectory, Neely (South) Hall*
Refectory, Rollow Hall
Refectory, Rollow Hall

Refectory, Rollow Hall

Robb Hall*
Robb Hall*

Robb Residence Hall*

Robb houses 36 upper-class males and offers double, triple and quad rooms. All three floors have common bathrooms. There is a large social room on the first floor. It is connected to White, another male residence hall.
Thomas Lane
Thomas Lane
Visitor Parking
visitor parking
White Hall*
White Hall*

Gordon White Residence Hall*

Gordon White Hall houses 35 upper-class males in single, double and triple rooms. Each of the three floors has common bathrooms, and features include social rooms and a laundry facility. It is connected to two other male residence halls, Ellett and Robb.

Mouseover any red dot to view building or landmark information.

#AG Ashner Memorial Gateway* #6 Phillips Lane Entrance/Hunt Memorial Gateway*
#8 Bellingrath Hall* #27 Kennedy Hall*
#26 Burrow Refectory* #1 King Hall
#2 Campus Safety #43 Palmer Hall*
#17 Ellett Hall* #28 Refectory, Neely (South) Hall*
#16 Fisher Garden #15 Refectory, Rollow Hall
#7 Frank M. Harris Memorial Lodge / Mike Curb Institute* #32 Robb Hall*
#14 Glassell Hall #31 Thomas Lane
#33 Gooch Hall* #42 Visitor Parking
#41 Halliburton Tower* #18 White Hall*
#HR Human Resources


* Indicates inclusion on The National Register of Historical Places.


Back to Main Map