Rhodes College Campus
Memphis, TN

Campus Map - Color (PDF)
Campus Map - B & W (PDF)
Accessibility Map (PDF)

Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority House*
Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority House*

Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority House*

The Alpha Omicron Pi house was completed in 1950. The national sorority established a chapter at Rhodes in 1925. The building was added to the historical registry in 2006.
Amphitheatre
Amphitheatre

Amphitheatre

The Amphitheatre is a central meeting spot for students and popular place for events like film screenings, readings and performances. When the weather is good, professors frequently choose this spot for outdoor classes.
Blount Hall
Blount Hall

Blount Residence Hall

Blount houses 60 male and female (mostly first-year) students in singles, doubles and triples. The first and second floors offer suite-style bathrooms while the third floor has common bathrooms. Special features include social rooms, laundry and multiple study rooms.
Briggs Student Center
Briggs Student Center

Thomas W. Briggs Student Center

The Thomas W. Briggs Student Center houses the Rhodes bookstore and mailroom. Student organizations and their advisors are located on the lower level and the second floor, including the Bonner Center for Faith and Service and the Kinney Program.
Buckman Hall
Buckman Hall

Buckman Hall

Buckman houses the departments of commerce and business, economics, history, international studies or political science. The first floor features the Blount Lecture Hall--a site for visiting speakers, film series and other campus activities.
Burrow Hall*
Burrow Hall*

Burrow Hall*

Burrow Hall is a comprehensive student services site--a one-stop shop for current and prospective students. The ground floor houses Admission, Financial Aid and Rhodes Express--where students may complete paperwork, payment and other transactions. The lower level houses out-of-class opportunities like Career Services and International Programs. The upper levels include offices for Student Development and Academic Support, Student Activities, Multicultural Affairs and Disabilities Services.
East Annex
East Annex

East Annex houses the Department of Urban Studies and other faculty offices.
Charles Place Entrance
Charles Place Entrance

Charles Place Entrance

Chi Omega Sorority House*
Chi Omega Sorority House*

Chi Omega Sorority House*

The Chi Omega house was constructed in the 1930s to replace a log house that was purchased and relocated to the campus in 1926. The national sorority established a chapter on the Clarksville campus in 1922. The building was added to the historical registry in 2006.
Clough Hall
Clough Hall

Clough Hall

The anthropology/sociology, art, philosophy, psychology and religious studies departments are based in S. Dewitt Clough Hall. The Clough-Hanson Gallery on the second floor hosts work by regional and national artists every year. Student paintings, sculptures and photography are displayed in the halls and stairwells. The Orgill Room, also located on the second floor, is the meeting place for many campus organizations and activities.
Delta Delta Delta Sorority House*
Delta Delta Delta Sorority House*

Delta Delta Delta Sorority House*

The Delta Delta Delta house was completed in 1933. The national sorority established a chapter at Rhodes after the college moved to Memphis in 1925. The building was added to the historical registry in 2006.
Diehl Memorial Court
Diehl Memorial Court

Charles E. Diehl Memorial Court

Throughout the spring and fall professors can be seen conducting classes near the Diehl statue, and students often sit at its base to study or relax. The memorial to President Charles E. Diehl graces the end of the Rollow Avenue of Oaks. Diehl is revered for his vision of excellence and for moving the college from Clarksville, TN, to Memphis in 1925. The statue and the court surrounding it were dedicated in 1983.
East Village
East Village

East Village Apartments

East Village, or "EV," contains two apartment complexes. Each apartment houses four students in single or double bedrooms plus a kitchen, dining/living area and bathroom. Laundry, a lodge and seminar rooms are located within the main building. Most of EVís 200 residents are juniors and seniors. Each floor houses both women and men by apartment.
Frazier Jelke Science Center
Frazier Jelke Science Center

Frazier Jelke Science Center

Frazier Jelke contains subterranean biology offices, classrooms, lecture halls and modern laboratories. Ohlendorf Hall, which houses the math department, and Rhodes Tower, in which the astronomy and physics labs are located, are considered part of FJ.
Gooch Hall*
Gooch Hall*

Gooch Hall*

Adjoining Palmer Hall and Halliburton Tower, Gooch houses the Offices of the President, the Dean of the Faculty, and Finance. Built in 1962, it was dedicated in 1981.
Halliburton Tower*
Halliburton Tower*

Halliburton Memorial Tower*

Halliburton Memorial Tower stands nearly 140 feet tall, gracing the Midtown-Memphis skyline. Built in 1962 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, the tower holds a seven-foot-tall bronze bell that sounds on the hour and half hour.
Hassell Hall
Hassell Hall

Hassell Hall

Hassell Hall has been home to the Rhodes music department since 1984. The building contains classrooms, practice rooms and the Tuthill Performance Hall, where several recitals are presented each semester. The hall was named for Burnet Tuthill, founder of the Rhodes Singers and the first conductor of the Memphis Symphony Orchestra.
Kappa Delta Sorority House*
Kappa Delta Sorority House*

Kappa Delta Sorority House*

The Kappa Delta house was completed in 1928. The national sorority established a chapter on the Clarksville campus just before the college moved in 1925. The building was added to the historical registry in 2006.
LeMaster Gateway
LeMaster Gateway

LeMaster Gateway

McCoy Theatre
McCoy Theatre

McCoy Theatre

Converted in 1982 from a former sorority house, the McCoy Theatre underwent a renovation in 2006 that more than doubled its size. The building includes two black-box theatres, a costume shop, a classroom and faculty offices. The McCoy produces three mainstage performances a year--varying from comedies to musicals to heavy drama--attended by Rhodes community members and Memphians alike. Other events include guest performances, a children's festival and productions staged by theatre majors at the end of each year.
North Parkway entrance
North Parkway entrance
Ohlendorf Hall
Ohlendorf Hall

Ohlendorf Hall

Ohlendorf houses the offices, classrooms and computer labs for the math and computer science department. Students meet here weekly as part of AfterMath, a gathering of faculty and students to enjoy math-related movies and other activities. The building also boasts a UNIX laboratory and the Buckman Math Library.
Palmer Hall*
Palmer Hall*

Palmer Hall*

There is a superstition that haunts the cloister of first floor Palmer, which was built in 1925. Students who walk across the school's seal embedded in the floor are supposedly fated not to graduate on time. However, the taboo is broken on commencement day when the graduating class proceeds directly across the seal out into Fisher Garden for the ceremony. The first building to be completed on campus, Palmer houses the departments of English and modern languages, classrooms, the Language Center and Hardie Auditorium. Palmer was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Rhodes Tower
Rhodes Tower

Rhodes Tower

Peyton Nalle Rhodes Physics Tower, constructed between 1966 and 1968 holds offices, classrooms, labs and a library for the physics department. Professor emeritus Jack Taylor í44 provided the functional design for the building, including an ingenious system of collecting sunlight through an optical tracker on the roof and routing it to classrooms and laboratories on lower floors for spectroscopy and other experiments. Two telescope domes grace the roof of the building, and an observation deck is located on the fifth floor. A sundial designed by Professor emeritus Jack Street '60 graces the south facade.
Robinson Hall
Robinson Hall

Robinson Hall

Robinson houses 88 male and female, mostly first-year, students in single, double and triple rooms. The first and second floors offer suite-style bathrooms and the third floor has a common bathroom. Features include a common kitchen, laundry facility, social rooms and a third-floor study.
Rollow Memorial Avenue of Oaks
Rollow Memorial Avenue of Oaks

Rollow Memorial Avenue of Oaks

This grassy stretch lined by beautiful willow oaks is known informally as "Oak Alley." College engineer John Rollow í26 planted the trees as seedlings transported from the original Clarksville campus when the college moved to Memphis in 1925.
Townsend Hall
Townsend Hall

Townsend Hall

Margaret Townsend Hall houses 71 male students. It offers single, double, triple and quad rooms and is part of the Trezevant-Townsend-Voorhies quadrangle. Each of the three floors has common bathrooms, and features include social rooms and access to the Conservatory.
Trezevant Conservatory
Trezevant Conservatory

Trezevant Conservatory

This relaxed garden room is used for small gatherings. It includes a fireplace, kitchen, private restroom and adjoining outdoor patio.
Trezevant Hall
Trezevant Hall

Trezevant Hall

Housing 68 female students, Suzanne Trezevant Hall is located in the Trezevant-Townsend-Voorhies quadrangle. It offers single, double and triple rooms. All three floors, as well as the basement, have common bathrooms. Features include social rooms, laundry and access to the Conservatory.
Voorhies Hall
Voorhies Hall

Voorhies Hall

Voorhies opened its doors in 1946. It houses 89 females and offers single, double and triple rooms. The first and second floors have suite-style bathrooms, while the basement and third have common bathrooms. It is a part of the Trezevant-Townsend-Voorhies quadrangle and includes a chapel, common kitchen, laundry facility and social area with multiple rooms and study alcoves.
Visitor Parking
Visitor Parking
Williford Hall
Williford Hall

Williford Hall

Anne Marie Caskey Williford Hall houses 126 male and female first-year students and is one of the largest residence halls on campus. It offers double rooms, and all three floors have common bathrooms. Features include three social rooms per floor and a laundry facility.

Mouseover any red dot to view building or landmark information.

#62 Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority House* #46 Hassell Hall
#44 Amphitheatre #61 Kappa Delta Sorority House*
#56 Blount Hall #54 LeMaster Gateway
#39 Briggs Student Center #58 McCoy Theatre
#67 Buckman Hall #68 North Parkway entrance
#66 Burrow Hall* #40 Ohlendorf Hall
#60 Charles Place Entrance #43 Palmer Hall*
#57 Chi Omega Sorority House* #50 Rhodes Tower
#51 Clough Hall #49 Robinson Hall
#59 Delta Delta Delta Sorority House* #53 Rollow Memorial Avenue of Oaks
#52 Diehl Memorial Court #55 Townsend Hall
#EA East Annex #TC Trezevant Conservatory
#69 East Village #64 Trezevant Hall
#45 Frazier-Jelke Science Center #65 Voorhies Hall
#33 Gooch Hall* #42 Visitor Parking
#41 Halliburton Tower* #63 Williford Hall

* Indicates inclusion on The National Register of Historical Places.


Back to Main Map