Rhodes College Campus
Memphis, TN

Campus Map - Color (PDF)
Campus Map - B & W (PDF)
Accessibility Map (PDF)

West Village
West Village

West Village

Completed in fall 2012, West Village houses 141 juniors and seniors in 22 deluxe suites of single and double rooms. Suites include a furnished living room and bathroom. The hall includes a common room with kitchen, laundry on each floor and two conference rooms.
Alburty Swimming Complex
Alburty Swimming Pool

Alburty Swimming Pool

The swimming pool, dedicated in 1977, has since been incorporated into Rhodes' complex for sports, recreation and fitness facilities, including the Bryan Campus Life Center and the Mallory and Hyde Gymnasiums. The 25-meter pool contains six lanes.
Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity House
Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity House

Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity House

The Alpha Tau Omega fraternity house was completed in 1938. The national fraternity established a chapter on the Clarksville campus in 1878.
Amphitheatre
Amphitheatre

Amphitheatre

The Amphitheatre is a central meeting spot for students and popular place for events like film screenings, readings and performances. When the weather is good, professors frequently choose this spot for outdoor classes.
Bailey Lane — Main Entrance and Welcome Station
Bailey Lane
Main Entrance and Welcome Station
Barret Library
Barret Library

Paul W. Barret, Jr. Library

Dedicated in 2005, the Paul Barret Jr. Library contains the latest technology to support contemporary education while also preserving the timeless interaction among professors and students. The building accommodates group study rooms and a coffee house in addition to the multimedia centers and traditional areas of a library.
Briggs Student Center
Briggs Student Center

Thomas W. Briggs Student Center

The Thomas W. Briggs Student Center houses the Rhodes bookstore and mailroom. Student organizations and their advisors are located on the lower level and the second floor, including the Bonner Center for Faith and Service and the Kinney Program.
Bryan Campus Life Center
Bryan Campus Life Center

Bryan Campus Life Center

"The BCLC" opened in 1997 and houses the Athletic Department, Mallory-Hyde performance gymnasium, a three-court multiuse gymnasium, racquetball and squash courts, a 7,000-square-foot fitness room, a training room and an indoor jogging track. It also includes the Lynx Lair (a pub-style grill and favorite student spot), Crain Reception Hall and the McCallum Ballroom, which is used for performances, lectures and other special events.
Burrow Refectory*
Burrow Refectory*

Refectory, Catherine Burrow, Hyde Hall*

Known to students simply as "The Rat," Catherine Burrow Refectory is the main dining hall. Fresh food stations include meat and vegetables, pizza and pasta, vegan, stir-fry, sandwiches, salads and a bakery. In 2012 the Refectory reopened after a major renovation that added 19,000 square feet of additional space, including a fireside lounge and more public and private dining rooms.
Crain Field
Crain Field

Crain Field

Crain Field is the home of the Rhodes Lynx football team. Although the original field (built in 1925) has moved around quite a bit, it is now located in a prime spot just north of the BCLC along the main campus drive. The facility was refurbished in 2012 with state-of-the-art synthetic FieldTurf.
Dunavant Tennis Center
Dunavant Tennis Center

Dunavant Tennis Center

The Dunavant Tennis Center includes 10 lighted courts and stadium seating. The facility was constructed in tandem with the Bryan Campus Life Center in 1996 and is used by varsity, intramural and recreational tennis players.
Frazier Jelke Science Center
Frazier Jelke Science Center

Frazier Jelke Science Center

Frazier Jelke contains subterranean biology offices, classrooms, lecture halls and modern laboratories. Ohlendorf Hall, which houses the math department, and Rhodes Tower, in which the astronomy and physics labs are located, are considered part of FJ.
Glassell Hall
Glassell Hall

Alfred C. Glassell Residence Hall

Alfred C. Glassell Hall houses both male and female (mostly first-year) students. It offers single, double and triple rooms which have either suite or common bathrooms. There are social rooms on each floor and a common laundry facility.
Gooch Hall*
Gooch Hall*

Gooch Hall*

Adjoining Palmer Hall and Halliburton Tower, Gooch houses the Offices of the President, the Dean of the Faculty, and Finance. Built in 1962, it was dedicated in 1981.
Halliburton Tower*
Halliburton Tower*

Halliburton Memorial Tower*

Halliburton Memorial Tower stands nearly 140 feet tall, gracing the Midtown-Memphis skyline. Built in 1962 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, the tower holds a seven-foot-tall bronze bell that sounds on the hour and half hour.
Hassell Hall
Hassell Hall

Hassell Hall

Hassell Hall has been home to the Rhodes music department since 1984. The building contains classrooms, practice rooms and the Tuthill Performance Hall, where several recitals are presented each semester. The hall was named for Burnet Tuthill, founder of the Rhodes Singers and the first conductor of the Memphis Symphony Orchestra.
Intramural Fields
Intramural Fields
Kappa Alpha Fraternity House
Kappa Alpha Fraternity House

Kappa Alpha Fraternity House

The Kappa Alpha house was constructed sometime between 1934 and 1936. The national fraternity established a chapter on the Clarksville campus in 1887.
Kappa Sigma Fraternity House
Kappa Sigma Fraternity House

Kappa Sigma Fraternity House

The Kappa Sigma house was built between 1928 and 1930. The national fraternity established a chapter on the Clarksville campus in 1882.
Kennedy Hall*
Kennedy Hall*

Berthold S. Kennedy Hall*

Now home to the chemistry department, Berthold S. Kennedy Hall originally housed all the sciences when the college opened in Memphis in 1925. Renovated extensively in 1968 and again in 2000, the building retains its retro charm while still offering students the finest in contemporary technology. Located in the quad outside of Kennedy is the geodesic dome, built by professors and students in the mid-1970s. Kennedy was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Mallory and Hyde Gymnasiums
Mallory and Hyde Gymnasiums

William Neely Mallory and Ruth Sherman Hyde Gymnasiums

Generations of basketball teams, as well as the Memphis Grizzlies, have played on the court of William Neely Mallory Gymnasium. The gym was built in 1954 in memory of 42 alumni killed in World War II, including William Neely Mallory, who served the college as a board member, treasurer and volunteer football coach. The Ruth Sherman Hyde Memorial Women�s Gymnasium was added to the east end of the building in 1971. Both gymnasiums were renovated in 1995 in conjunction with the construction of the Bryan Campus Life Center.
Moore Moore Health Center*
Moore Moore Health Center*

Moore Moore Infirmary*

Moore Moore houses the college's counseling and medical facilities. The staff includes three professional counselors and a registered nurse five days a week and medical doctors in the afternoons. The Center offers treatment for minor illnesses and injuries and referrals for more in-depth treatment. The building was dedicated in 1962 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Ohlendorf Hall
Ohlendorf Hall

Ohlendorf Hall

Ohlendorf houses the offices, classrooms and computer labs for the math and computer science department. Students meet here weekly as part of AfterMath, a gathering of faculty and students to enjoy math-related movies and other activities. The building also boasts a UNIX laboratory and the Buckman Math Library.
Palmer Hall*
Palmer Hall*

Palmer Hall*

There is a superstition that haunts the cloister of first floor Palmer, which was built in 1925. Students who walk across the school's seal embedded in the floor are supposedly fated not to graduate on time. However, the taboo is broken on commencement day when the graduating class proceeds directly across the seal out into Fisher Garden for the ceremony. The first building to be completed on campus, Palmer houses the departments of English and modern languages, classrooms, the Language Center and Hardie Auditorium. Palmer was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Physical Plant
Physical Plant

Physical Plant

Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity House
Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity House

Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity House

The Pi Kappa Alpha house was dedicated in 1938. The national fraternity established a chapter on the Clarksville campus in 1878.
Refectory, Neely (South) Hall*
Refectory, Neely (South) Hall*
Refectory, Rollow Hall
Refectory, Rollow Hall

Refectory, Rollow Hall

Robb Hall*
Robb Hall*

Robb Residence Hall*

Robb houses 36 upper-class males and offers double, triple and quad rooms. All three floors have common bathrooms. There is a large social room on the first floor. It is connected to White, another male residence hall.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity House
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity House

Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity House

The Sigma Alpha Epsilon house was constructed in 1933. The national fraternity established a chapter on the Clarksville campus in 1882.
Sigma Nu Fraternity House
Sigma Nu Fraternity House

Sigma Nu Fraternity House

The Sigma Nu house was designed by Herbert M. Burnham and completed in 1936. The national fraternity established a chapter at Rhodes in 1934.
Mays Memorial Gateway
Mays Memorial Gateway
Smith Gateway
Smith Gateway
Soccer Field
Soccer Field
Solomon Practice Field
Solomon Practice Field
Spann Place
Spann Place

Spann Place

Spann contains four townhouses and the Campus Safety Office. Each townhouse accommodates six students with three double rooms, a kitchen, a living area and two bathrooms.
Stauffer Field
Stauffer Field

Stauffer Field

Rhodes' baseball facility was named in 1977 in honor of Frederic R. Stauffer, professor of physics for 26 years and baseball coach for 10 years. Stauffer was renovated in 2009, making it one of the top NCAA Division III facilities.
Stewart Hall
Stewart Hall

Stewart Residence Hall

Stewart houses 87 upper-class males and females. It offers single and double rooms, and both floors have common bathrooms. Features include a common kitchen, laundry facility, lobby, study and conference room.

Mouseover any red dot to view building or landmark information.

#34 Alburty Swimming Complex #27 Kennedy Hall*
#10 Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity House #23 Mallory & Hyde Gymnasiums
#44 Amphitheatre #25 Moore Moore Health Center*
#5 Bailey Lane — Main Entrance and Exit #40 Ohlendorf Hall
#24 Barret Library #43 Palmer Hall*
#39 Briggs Student Center #36 Physical Plant
#38 Bryan Campus Life Center #9 Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity House
#66 Burrow Refectory* #28 Refectory, Neely (South) Hall *
#21 Crain Field #15 Refectory, Rollow Hall
#37 Dunavant Tennis Center #32 Robb Hall*
#45 Frazier-Jelke Science Center #12 Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity House
#14 Glassell Hall #11 Sigma Nu Fraternity House
#33 Gooch Hall* #4a Mays Memorial Gateway
#41 Halliburton Tower* #4b Smith Gateway
#46 Hassell Hall #22 Soccer Field
#47 Intramural Fields #48 Solomon Practice Field
#20 Kappa Alpha Fraternity House #2 Spann Place
#19 Kappa Sigma Fraternity House #35 Stauffer Field
#3 Stewart Hall
#70 West Village


* Indicates inclusion on The National Register of Historical Places.


Back to Main Map