Serving Our Students (SOS)
SOS matches first-year students with upper-class peer mentors to help them make the academic and social transitions to college life. Mentors help new students feel more connected to the Rhodes community.
- To facilitate a successful transition to Rhodes for students of color
- Reduce isolation of students of color
- Increase retention of students of color
- Increase the graduation rate of students of color
- Peer mentor-assigned over the summer to aid in the overall transition to college
- Pre-college retreat (postponed)- encourages cross-cultural interaction, understanding and exchange
- Monthly workshops- facilitated by faculty and staff liaisons which promote cultural, academic and social growth
To participate in the program, students should register through the link below. Upon registration they will receive a confirmation e-mail stating the specifics of the pre-college retreat program. The deadline to register in order to receive a mentor and attend the retreat is July 20, 2013. If you can not attend the retreat you can still sign up to be paired with a mentor and participate in the program.
Please register here SOS Peer Mentor Registration Form.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Assistante Dean of Students of Multicultural Affairs at (901) 843.3885.